RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial, Professional Radio and Personal Radio > Unication Forum

Unication Forum - Forum for discussion of Unication products.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-05-2018, 1:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidzimmerman View Post
i feel everyone who has PAID big money to OWN the G4 and G5 (snip......)
Versus what?
Someone who obtained a Unication device through an interesting trade involving chickens or a sack full of bottlecaps?

I'm sure Unication is going to take care of everyone who has a unit already. They seem to be willing to eat the costs on a lot of things e.g. free charging bases, extended warranties, a fairly large price drop in a short span of time.
Sponsored links
Old 03-08-2018, 9:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinglou0 View Post
Versus what?
Someone who obtained a Unication device through an interesting trade involving chickens or a sack full of bottlecaps?

I'm sure Unication is going to take care of everyone who has a unit already. They seem to be willing to eat the costs on a lot of things e.g. free charging bases, extended warranties, a fairly large price drop in a short span of time.
I don't understand why unication can't provide a release date. All I can get out of them is soon...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
Old 03-08-2018, 9:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by verhoffj1 View Post
I don't understand why unication can't provide a release date. All I can get out of them is soon...

I was told it would be before the 31st. So maybe the 30th will be the release lol. Just be patient and let them work out the bugs out. It will be here before you know it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-08-2018, 1:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmontes77029 View Post
I was told it would be before the 31st. So maybe the 30th will be the release lol. Just be patient and let them work out the bugs out. It will be here before you know it.

Iím def on board with the 30 release, whether itís them working bugs out(hopefully thatís what the hold up is) or just squeezing as many pre orders out as possible, who knows and at this point does it matter itís the 8 already.

Old 03-12-2018, 1:56 PM

Quote:
Versus what?

I asked them if I bought a G5 now if I would have to pay for it. They said the current deal is a G5 preorder with phase 2 at the same price as the G5 with phase 1. They also stated if I bought a phase 1 unit now, I would have to pay for the upgrade later.
Sponsored links
Old 03-12-2018, 1:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by belvdr View Post
I asked them if I bought a G5 now if I would have to pay for it. They said the current deal is a G5 preorder with phase 2 at the same price as the G5 with phase 1. They also stated if I bought a phase 1 unit now, I would have to pay for the upgrade later.
So now we're just waiting for the official release.

Old 03-12-2018, 3:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by belvdr View Post
They also stated if I bought a phase 1 unit now, I would have to pay for the upgrade later.
That's what they're saying but does anyone really think Unication and/or their dealers are going to process 1000s - 10000s of firmware updates? The hassles of shipping, tracking the unit during service, and the overall liability they have to return a working unit back to you. Plus, if it's on the dealers, who's going to be paying them for their labor?

How would Unication even accomplish this? I can't imagine they have a large service presence here in the States. You ship it to them in TX and they bundle it up for mass shipment to Taiwan?

I don't see them maintaining two branches of firmware and if they went with an universal firmware that required an activation code, I don't see that resisting "probing". If Motorola gear can be tweaked, I imagine the same could be said for Unication especially if comes down to using the PPS or some other piece of software to activate the firmware.
Old 03-13-2018, 3:34 PM

Quote:
That's what they're saying but does anyone really think Unication and/or their dealers are going to process 1000s - 10000s of firmware updates? The hassles of shipping, tracking the unit during service, and the overall liability they have to return a working unit back to you. Plus, if it's on the dealers, who's going to be paying them for their labor?

How would Unication even accomplish this? I can't imagine they have a large service presence here in the States. You ship it to them in TX and they bundle it up for mass shipment to Taiwan?

I don't see them maintaining two branches of firmware and if they went with an universal firmware that required an activation code, I don't see that resisting "probing". If Motorola gear can be tweaked, I imagine the same could be said for Unication especially if comes down to using the PPS or some other piece of software to activate the firmware.

Maybe some type of serial number link. You pay them whatever for the upgrade give them your serial number and they link it? Doesnít seem like that would go well either. But def not sending them back to your dealer that would be way to much hassle I would think on both ends

Old 03-13-2018, 3:49 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Anybody interested the G5 Phase 2 pagers are out. Was listening last week to Rockbridge County Virginia's new P2 TRS and two of the fire guys who had gotten their first batch in were checking them out on the system. They were very happy with them. Said they were a bit tinny compared to their new digital two way radios but overall real good.

Said the P2 pagers had a new case with more plastic around the where the buttons on the side/s were which made it easier to keep from accidentally hitting them. Said more were on the way for their fire personnel.
Old 03-13-2018, 3:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghstwolf62 View Post
Anybody interested the G5 Phase 2 pagers are out. Was listening last week to Rockbridge County Virginia's new P2 TRS and two of the fire guys who had gotten their first batch in were checking them out on the system. They were very happy with them. Said they were a bit tinny compared to their new digital two way radios but overall real good.

Said the P2 pagers had a new case with more plastic around the where the buttons on the side/s were which made it easier to keep from accidentally hitting them. Said more were on the way for their fire personnel.
Well what about the rest of us that's already pre-ordered them why haven't we heard anything?

Old 03-13-2018, 3:53 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:

I inquired and was told yesterday the Phase 2 units were not out just yet - those in the hands of folks are some of the original beta units... but who knows for sure....

Like others - I'm hoping once the units that ship with Phase 2 installed are on the street, they'll have a plan in place for unlocking Phase 2 in firmware for the existing units at the same time... but we'll still need to wait and see.

Soon...

Patience grasshopper.
Old 03-13-2018, 4:44 PM

Default Unication: P25 Phase II Ė Free Upgrades! Contact us Now for Details!

Yes March 31 is almost here!!
Preordered mine from Rays, hoping for an email when the release is out tellin is he will be shipping them a few days after

Old 03-13-2018, 5:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsxfire View Post
Yes March 31 is almost here!!
Preordered mine from Rays, hoping for an email when the release is out tellin is he will be shipping them a few days after

I will be shocked if it is released before April.

Old 03-13-2018, 5:17 PM

Quote:

Be prepared to be shocked lol. Iím keeping the faith!

Old 03-13-2018, 5:23 PM

Quote:
Be prepared to be shocked lol. Iím keeping the faith!

I appreciate your optimism but they've been talking about this for years

Old 03-13-2018, 5:50 PM

Quote:
I appreciate your optimism but they've been talking about this for years

With the pre orders happening I say it is sooner then you think

Old 03-13-2018, 5:51 PM

Quote:
With the pre orders happening I say it is sooner then you think

Crossing my fingers

Old 03-13-2018, 5:51 PM

Quote:
Crossing my fingers

Same here. I know Iíve been let down before

Old 03-13-2018, 6:04 PM

Quote:

Which would be really weird as it seems from some comments that the beta thatís in the wild is working really well

Old 03-13-2018, 6:28 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:

All my G5 housings are like that. Only my original G4 doesn't have that protection but it's 3 years older.