RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial, Professional Radio and Personal Radio > Unication Forum

Unication Forum - Forum for discussion of Unication products.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-28-2018, 7:29 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhotoGuy View Post
I have 65535 in a couple "knobs" for different sites on Maryland FiRST and it works perfectly. I just have that "talkgroup - 65535" programmed only in the knob with no other talkgroup programmed in that knob.
Thanks for confirming.... the error was a first seen.... the only thing I did to resolve it was to remove that TG from two knobs.... maybe it was just the rewriting of the profile that solved it...
Sponsored links
Old 04-28-2018, 8:15 PM

Same as ThePhotoGuy with me. Only that one talkgroup and no issues, works fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-28-2018, 8:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBastard404 View Post
Sometimes when I'm scanning TGs on my unication G5 I notice when nothing is going on the signal bar drops to no bars. It doesnt make a out of range noise or anything and as soon as it picks up something the bars go straight back to full. This only happens a few times. It doesnt effect anything so I probably shouldnt worry, just wondering if anyone else has this happen.

I had this as well with the last firmware. Have not seen it yet with the Phase II firmware.

Old 04-28-2018, 8:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signal-Zero View Post
I had this as well with the last firmware. Have not seen it yet with the Phase II firmware.

Thats weird I'm running phase 2 firmware
Old 04-29-2018, 2:12 AM
...I'm trying to listen.
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEH View Post
Keep an eye on it, mine did it several times and the fix was like you said power off then back on. Finally it wouldn't power off for up to two minutes. I would pass this issue on to Unication so hopefully they can try to resolve the problem.

For us 'scanner' buffs, this is a nuisance. For a first responder, it could be anything up to deadly.

I wound up sending the pager into Unication under warranty and I just got my replacement, with the phase 2 upgrade, back about 30 minutes ago. Cudo's Unication on the replacement, before they shipped the new one they copied my profile from the old G5 and put it on the new one.
What kind of turnaround time? I may have to contact them and send mine in. I've been noticing it's starting to miss radio traffic as well.

When I first got it, it worked REALLY well. It would actually receive in a few areas where my APX6000 with affiliation would drop out.
Now it seems to occasionally miss traffic altogether. I'll have my radio next to it on the desk, and hear traffic on the radio, but not the G5. If it was out of range, it would make sense. But it shows that it's locked on to a site with several bars on the signal meter.

I have been adding talkgroups and tweaking my knob/group settings a good bit. I wonder if it's a coincidence or if that might have something to do with my issues.
Sponsored links
Old 04-29-2018, 6:45 AM

Quote:

Hmmm, Iíll keep an eye on my screen to see if it pops back up. For me, the signal strength indicator would completely drop out, but the unit would not go out of range. As soon as another transmission came through on that talkgroup, it would go back to full bars.

Old 04-29-2018, 8:00 AM

Quote:
I actually noticed that the last couple of days. Happened 2x that I noticed. My G5 just came back Friday, so I will keep an eye on it more. Thought it was just me.
Old 04-29-2018, 8:52 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by troymail View Post
Thanks for confirming.... the error was a first seen.... the only thing I did to resolve it was to remove that TG from two knobs.... maybe it was just the rewriting of the profile that solved it...
The only problem is that it still includes encrypted talkgroups (that would be nice if it is disabled). I usually only use the Wildcard on Queen Anne because there can be way more talkgroups active then only allowing 64 talkgroups and encryption is minimal on that Site. I wouldn't use it on Anne Arundel or Baltimore FiRST because there is too many encrypted talkgroups that are active.

I wish there was an ability to record on Wildcard but I haven't found a way yet.

Previous: PSR-800, PSR-500, PRO-164, Home Patrol 1,
BC346XT, PRO-94,
Old 05-07-2018, 5:29 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietPlease View Post
What kind of turnaround time? I may have to contact them and send mine in. I've been noticing it's starting to miss radio traffic as well.
Sorry for the delay, I didn't see this post until today.

The turn around time was a bit prolonged, but it was also right as they got hit will the official Phase 2 upgrade. I had it back in a week (ship out and returned to me).