• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

G4 Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

amickey1979

Premium Subscriber
I keep getting a message that says "the protocol mode of the device is unspecified". I have checked all my setting and am unable to find something to alter or rectify this. I am running PPS V0.3.10 Beta07 firmware V0.93-0.17K-R02

troymail

Silent Key
I'm seeing some odd messages in the PPS (later versions) also...

When you created your profile, which "Model Number" did you select in Tab C1?

What protocols did you define in Tab D3?

Can you export and post (and email me) your config? I'd like to take a look.

mr1973

I had that issue with mine. I reinstalled PPS and it worked fine. I also think the desktop icon on my laptop was pointing to the older version of PPS I Downloaded before I got the Phase 2 version

elrod

G4 programming

I just received my G4 P2 from Ray's today.

While it is charging up I downloaded the PPS and want to start creating a profile.

Under tab C1, create new profile, there is a drop down box that says choose model number for this profile.

There are 3 G4 models listed but none match my model number.

My model is GS442RE-SXXXEN1500UNI

The choices given are: G4B64BF-SXXXEN1401UNI, G4B66BF-SXXXEN1401UNI,and
G4L64BF-SXXXEN1400UNI. All other choices pertain to G2's and G5's.

Not sure which one to use. Any help would be welcome.

Chuck

madpuma13

I plugged mine in quickly to the pps the first day and it will tell you the model.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

hiddenrun

Premium Subscriber
I just received my G4 P2 from Ray's today.

While it is charging up I downloaded the PPS and want to start creating a profile.

Under tab C1, create new profile, there is a drop down box that says choose model number for this profile.

There are 3 G4 models listed but none match my model number.

My model is GS442RE-SXXXEN1500UNI

The choices given are: G4B64BF-SXXXEN1401UNI, G4B66BF-SXXXEN1401UNI,and
G4L64BF-SXXXEN1400UNI. All other choices pertain to G2's and G5's.

Not sure which one to use. Any help would be welcome.

Chuck

Here are the model numbers for each Phase 2 model that I received from David at Unication.

MODEL G4 700-800 MHz G4B66BF-SXXXEN1401UNI

MODEL G5 VHF/700-800 Mhz G5B66BF-SXVXEN1401UNI

MODEL G5 UHF 380-450/700-800 Mhz G5B66BF-SXUBEN1401UNI

MODEL G5 UHF 400-470/700-800 Mhz G5B66BF-SXUCEN1401UNI

MODEL G5 UHF 450-520/700-800 Mhz G5B66BF-SXUDEN1401UNI

elrod

I had the same ones as you show and a bunch of others also, but I only listed the ones that said G4 on them. In fact none of the dozen or so have the 1500UNI at the end even though that is what is on the pager and the box. We will see if even makes a difference when I try to program it.

Thanks
Chuck

mdsxfire

EDBM
Just changed all my systems to enable voice buffering, everything is working great except on my FD ops channel I get a quick high pitch beep at the beginning of some tx. Doesn’t do it on any other TG they are all programmed the same and no priority is set???

Under alert tone it is the “chirp tone” that is playing by I have it set to none??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

troymail

Silent Key
Just changed all my systems to enable voice buffering,

Ah - voice buffering appears to be on in new configurations by default - not sure why folks would disable it. I see lots of "tweaking" in programming radios (away from the manufacturer default settings) and then folks have issues....

I guess that explains both why I wasn't noticing any problems as have been described and also why I noticed the other day I was seeing an about 1 second or so delay in hearing voice on my G5 compared to my other radios.....

mdsxfire

EDBM
My programming before I received my g5 had it all disabled since in one post David had mentioned an issue with it, but that was pre p2 firmware. So after a few days of cut off txs I enabled it but for some reason I’m getting the chirp on this one TG. I’m gonna delete the TG then add it fresh and see what happens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rmclaury

Premium Subscriber
Hi -- Just got a new G4 with the P25 Phase 2 option. Would like to program it to monitor voice comms (no paging) on a P25 P2 system. Is there any good reference to do so? Looking through the programming, I can see where you put in the control channels, but don't see anything for the voice frequencies. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

troymail

Silent Key
Hi -- Just got a new G4 with the P25 Phase 2 option. Would like to program it to monitor voice comms (no paging) on a P25 P2 system. Is there any good reference to do so? Looking through the programming, I can see where you put in the control channels, but don't see anything for the voice frequencies. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

You don't really need to program the voice frequencies - the control channels assign the voice frequencies based on known tables.

Having said that, unless you know for sure that the control channels listed (somewhere) are 100% correct and never change, you probably want to program ALL of the site frequencies (which include most if not all of the voice frequencies) into your G4 ... just to be safe.

rmclaury

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. I've entered the primary and alternate control channels. When I program the unit and select the knob position, it comes up with the name and Unprogrammed in the display. Not sure where I missed something. Going through some of the tutorials now, but there appears to be a lot of settings that aren't that well documented.

rmclaury

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. Found one that helped. Unit is now scanning but every time is locks on an active TG, the speaker shows as muted. If I press the Reset button, I can then hear the call. Unit is in On Duty mode. Any ideas where I missed something?

Status
Not open for further replies.