RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial, Professional Radio and Personal Radio > Unication Forum

Unication Forum - Forum for discussion of Unication products.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-16-2018, 3:15 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Unication g4/5 phase-ii tdma upgrade promo $95

Due to the overwhelming customer demand for an immediate Phase II upgrade solution, we will be launching an early bird option for customers to upgrade their existing G4/G5 units to Phase II. This upgrade solution will allow end users to purchase the G-Series Phase II Upgrade through Unication USAís website and ship their device to our facility to be upgraded. We will offer this early upgrade method at a discounted price of $95.00 through 5/31/2018. Please visit the purchase page and review full details at the link below:

Unication USA

G4/G5 Phase II Upgrade (Online Purchase, Shipping Required)
Cost: WAS $150.00/ NOW ONLY $95.00
Details: Purchase is for Phase II Firmware that will be added to your current G4/G5 Voice Pager. Phase II upgrades are completed at Unication USAís Arlington TX location. Please note that DEVICE MUST BE SHIPPED TO OUR TEXAS FACILITY TO BE UPDATED. You will NOT receive any virtual/downloadable file for Phase II. You are responsible for the cost of shipping your device in to our Texas facility to be upgraded. Unication USA will cover the cost of return shipping. Upon completion of online purchase, you will receive a confirmation email and downloadable file with detailed instructions to ship your device.
Turn-Around Time: Our goal is to update and return units within 48 hours (2 business days) of the date they are received at our facility. Customers will receive a confirmation email with return shipmentís tracking information upon completion.
Sponsored links
Old 04-16-2018, 3:21 PM

Thatís a good price that I would be willing to pay if I didnít already have an upgraded radio. Thank god I got mine the day I paid for my radio and do not have to be without radio for a few days while upgrade is place in radio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-16-2018, 3:24 PM

My order is in!
Old 04-16-2018, 3:48 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

One question, will the future firmware updates, after sending this in, be downloadable and install-able without mailing the unit back in again? I'd assume so, but want to know for sure before upgrading the unit. Thanks.
Old 04-16-2018, 4:23 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKJohnny View Post
One question, will the future firmware updates, after sending this in, be downloadable and install-able without mailing the unit back in again? I'd assume so, but want to know for sure before upgrading the unit. Thanks.
Yes,I asked Unication that question a bit ago and they told me this upgrade embeds Phase II in the units so that future upgrades do not affect the Phase II.
Sponsored links
Old 04-16-2018, 4:55 PM

Boxed up and ready to go out tomorrow !

Old 04-16-2018, 5:25 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I bought mine from Rays Pagers, wondering if this would be offered by them as well? I would rather continue to do business through them.
Old 04-16-2018, 5:27 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR View Post
I bought mine from Rays Pagers, wondering if this would be offered by them as well? I would rather continue to do business through them.
Deleted read post wrong.
Old 04-16-2018, 8:22 PM
Global DB Admin
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR View Post
This is a manufacturer upgrade, not a retail upgrade. Ray's is just a distributor.
Old 04-16-2018, 8:57 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by kma371 View Post
This is a manufacturer upgrade, not a retail upgrade. Ray's is just a distributor.

Got the email from Unication while ago, thanks
Old 04-16-2018, 9:02 PM

will the upgrade also fix any other issues? like the out of range? Transmission delay when in charger? Thanks Jeff
Old 04-17-2018, 6:16 AM

I havenít heard of any other improvements of added features other than Phase II.

Old 04-17-2018, 7:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by worble7 View Post
will the upgrade also fix any other issues? like the out of range? Transmission delay when in charger? Thanks Jeff

No improvements on other issues. Only thing new will be the phase 2

Old 04-17-2018, 9:16 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

IT will enable phase two but also allows the most recent firmware upgrades. So T02 and T08 (which is what was shipped to us from Rays).
Old 04-17-2018, 1:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmontes77029 View Post
No improvements on other issues. Only thing new will be the phase 2

For what it's worth. . my newly acquired G4 with Phase-2 already loaded runs circles around my older G5 (acquired mid-2016- not yet P2 capable) even on Phase-1 systems, in terms of performance. Now, there could be other variables at play. . and in all fairness my G5 is on an ancient firmware (R11P from mid 2017).

But here are the noteworthy subjective improvements I see w/ the my P2-enabled G4 based on my limited observations so far:
-Issue of frequent 'out of range' is resolved in my basement, on a distant P1 system. (using same antennas, same conditions)
-Missed transmissions issue seems to be fixed! This was noticeable especially on short-replies. Not an issue now based on my non-scientific observations these past 18 hours.
-Improved speech quality. . less 'digitized' sounding.

I have sent my G5 in for the upgrade. . will be especially anxious to see if after the update it compares to my new G4. I suspect it will, and I suspect the new firmware fixes a few nuisance issues.

Last edited by county; 04-17-2018 at 1:53 PM..
Old 04-17-2018, 7:56 PM

Guys I had a couple questions. Boxing up my G5 to ship , I assume we leave the battery in? And is anyone shipping in the original box inside of another box ? Mike
Old 04-17-2018, 8:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haley View Post
Guys I had a couple questions. Boxing up my G5 to ship , I assume we leave the battery in? And is anyone shipping in the original box inside of another box ? Mike
Yep leave the battery in, remove the antenna. I thought about putting the original box inside the outer box but worried I wouldn’t get it back so just used another generic small box inside, instead.
Old 04-17-2018, 8:11 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

I'm leaving battery in. Have the original box inside a slightly larger box, fits in nicely so no bouncing around. Also made sure to put 3 layers of clear packing tape on my display so no "accidents" happen like scratches. Sending it out Wednesday.
Old 04-18-2018, 5:30 AM

Thanks for the replies , I think I will keep the original box here too then. I have plenty of packing and boxes. Iím just going to do a box inside of a box packing with plenty of bubble wrap. I was curious as to how everyone was doing it , thanks Mike
Old 04-18-2018, 3:06 PM

Quote:
Also made sure to put 3 layers of clear packing tape on my display so no "accidents" happen like scratches
Be careful when pulling the tape off. I had a screen protector on my display that I cut out of a smartphone screen protector. When I pulled it off, the clear display glass pulled off the front of the pager. Unication covered it under warranty repair! When I got the pager back it looked brand new. Even shipped it back with a new antenna because I left the antenna out of the box! Great service!

So when you pull the tape off, peel it off carefully.

Tags