• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Unication customer service

Status
Not open for further replies.

hfd26

Is there anyone else having a hard time getting in touch with someone/anyone from unication? I've emailed them 3 times in the past 3 weeks and my authoritized dealer is also having a hard time getting anyone to respond from them.

crazyboy

Their customer service is horrible. Customer service can make or break a company so hopefully they get it all sorted out.

LEH

Premium Subscriber
I don't think Unication USA is all that big a company, probably four or so people max. Getting feedback from them has been difficult, but when they do respond, they are very helpful.

k3sls

Premium Subscriber
I used this link to send an inquiry about a damaged display lens replacement while the unit was in for upgrade. The form was submitted on 4/30/18, return phone call received within minutes, and a followup email on 5/2/18.

hfd26

I hope they get it figured out also. Ever since my upgrade to phase 2 I've had question on the programming of qc2. It's just weird there not even getting back to the dealers that have questions. I'm sure if they're not getting back to the dealers, the dealers are gonna hold off selling anymore units. They had no problem upgrading and returning pagers to customers in a timely manner but can't reply to an email or return a phone call in a timely manner. Unication has a nice pager that alot of first responders will find useful and from my understanding motorola has no intentions on producing a p25 compatible pager so unication is the first in the market.

troymail

Silent Key
From what I recall and/or have seen/read, unless you are a large organization or jurisdiction making a large (quantity) purchase, Unication expects customers to buy units via their retailers and then work through those retailers on any issues that arise.

I made my purchase through Ray's Pagers and have never had any problems reaching Ray's and/or getting support. I suspect some other retailers aren't as responsive.

It's like I used to hear on commercials all the time - it's the service after the sale that makes the difference.

radio3353

Ray's is excellent with customer service. They always answered my emails within a day. It is only a two-man shop (two Lancaster firefighters.)

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
I emailed them on May 31st when there was a problem with the webpage to purchase the Phase II upgrade. They got back to me within two hours and were more than accommodating. .

portroyalbirdy

Premium Subscriber
I won't mention names here but I was actually having trouble with a dealer (Wanted to sell sell sell, but never wanted to help with issues and when he did, very nasty) I actually called Unication and they said it was OK for me to switch dealers (I was unsure if it was territory based at first) and they said that I cold switch to another dealer and that they too were having some of the same issues with this dealer. I've switched and haven't been happier! And Unication's Tech Support is top notch! Any questions or repairs that need done/answered are done in a timely manner!

hfd26

I still haven't got a straight answer from them about my problem and it's been a month now

Status
Not open for further replies.