• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

G4 (w/ phase2) on sale (RR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

radio3353

I think your price is too high. I can get a brand new one at Ray's for $5 more.

ecarvalho

I know that for $5 more you can get a new G4 at Rays. For $5 less you can get mine! :)

FYI:
Price is firm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

ecarvalho

Not only that, you get a warranty when you buy new. That's worth more than the 5 dollar savings.

Yes I understand. Unfortunately I paid Rays over 600 for this G4 back when that was the price. Nobody’s fault of course but I’m also in no rush to sell and if doesn’t sell its ok too. So I’m not concerned about offering a lower price at this point.

As I said before, the price is firm.

radio3353

Yes I understand. Unfortunately I paid Rays over 600 for this G4 back when that was the price. Nobody’s fault of course but I’m also in no rush to sell and if doesn’t sell its ok too. So I’m not concerned about offering a lower price at this point.

As I said before, the price is firm.

Of course, it is your choice to set a price. But, what you paid for it is irrelevant. When selling used gear you need to take into account today's pricing. There is a sucker born every minute so maybe you will have some luck with your pricing model :wink:

I was thinking of offering you 558.99, but since your pricing is firm, oh well.

Last edited:

ecarvalho

Of course, it is your choice to set a price. But, what you paid for it is irrelevant. When selling used gear you need to take into account today's pricing. There is a sucker born every minute so maybe you will have some luck with your pricing model :wink:

I was thinking of offering you 558.99, but since your pricing is firm, oh well.

Yep... price is firm.

rwier

In general, I use a rule of "thirds" when considering the purchase of used equipment. I simply divide the list price (new) by three and make that my limit. A major exception is the purchase of "refurbished" items from major trusted dealers. Also, I would never buy a used (or new) product from family, friends, or neighbors.

ecarvalho

I’ve considered all of your feedback and I decided to lower the price - You guys are right. Makes no sense to buy it if it costs as much as a new one.

I will ping Rays to see if he would extend and transfer the warranty to a new owner given the fact the radio is nearly new.

My apologies for being rough. Thanks for looking at least.

Note: I haven’t updated the price on RR yet.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Unication is also pretty good at working with customers. So transfer of a warranty should be something that can be accomplished.

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
Just a point of reference, I got my 2 month old (at the time) G5 for $495 on ebay. It was 2 months old, and although it didn't come with a box, it did have the USB charging adapter.

The guy started at $590, refused my offers and eventually lowered the price to below my last offer of $500 because he wasn't getting any other bites, which is when I snatched it up. Not saying the G4 isn't worth $515, but the market may not support it.

Attachments

• g5ebay.jpg
    g5ebay.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 315

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
No, that was actually my sticking point with the guy selling it. The upgrade would have put it at a price point higher than new phase II units were selling for. When I went to do the upgrade purchase, there was a problem with the website and Unication customer service comped the upgrade for me, so all I had to pay was shipping. Having phase II really isn't a selling point anymore, since it is now a free update.

There is a tool on the Unication website that allows you to search for your dealer by serial number, I believe that is for warranty transfer, so I think they honor warranties across owners.

ecarvalho

Yes. The warranty follows the radio serial not the owner. Warranty service goes through the dealer, in this case, Ray's.

Status
Not open for further replies.