External Speaker - perfect match

Status
Not open for further replies.

tumegpc

Premium Subscriber
Okay guys , after going through several external speakers for the 536HP I finally found just about the perfect one. It's a Roadpro RP-108C that costs just a little more than $8.00 on amazon. It pretty much eliminates the muffle sound . I can now reduce the volume from 5 to 3 and clearly make out the conversations. I can easily take it to 20 without any distortion. I would say that almost mirrors the audio from the GRE bases.

Specs: 2.75" speaker- 8ohm- 3 watts normal 6watts max. includes mounting bracket.

muchomorek

Premium Subscriber
Is it amplified speaker? does it need to be plugged in to power source?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
For any device that has headphone level out, if you want to connect a speaker to that output, you'll need an amplified speaker (headphone out is very low level, not enough to drive a speaker).

cupman

cupman

I was interested in extension speakers, but when I hook them to the scanner, (BCD536HP), they cut out the internal speaker. Is this supposed to be like this? This makes me wonder if I am using the correct size connectors- does anybody know what size the external speaker jack is? I can't seem to find this info anywhere and the uniden manual doesn't have it that I saw. Thanks for your help.

jsmn4vu

I was interested in extension speakers, but when I hook them to the scanner, (BCD536HP), they cut out the internal speaker. Is this supposed to be like this?
Yes, that's normal and customary, and has been for all kinds of consumer products for about as long as there have been headphone jacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.