BCD396XT/BCD996XT: Fleet Mapping

Status
Not open for further replies.

kma371

QRT
You don't need a fleet map for that system. Just enter as a Motorola type 2 system

Voyager

+1 on both posts above. No fleetmap needed for type II systems. If you have software that is requiring one, set all blocks to size code 0.

caphab1

Thanks

Thanks all. Could someone please walk me through how to enter a fleet map for a type 1 what size blocks to use etc.

Thanks

SCPD

QRT
Reference the system you mentioned in the original post it looks like the data is nearly four years old and perhaps has rebanded since. Try subtracting 15 from those frequencies.

caphab1

In general terms

I was curious about the whole fleet mapping in general. I can't find a good example of a type one but that's what i am looking for, an example reference should I need to put one in.

Thanks

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Per all of the above, do nothing with Fleet maps. There might be 2 systems left in the country that are Type I, requiring you to enter a fleet map. The one you link to is not one of them.

kma371

QRT
Per all of the above, do nothing with Fleet maps. There might be 2 systems left in the country that are Type I, requiring you to enter a fleet map. The one you link to is not one of them.

Several here in California actually.

Voyager

Ooops! Read that several times, too. :D

Oddly, there is at least one in his county. Maybe UPMan meant county.

I have a Type IIi near me - it's almost converted to 100% Type II, but not quite all of it yet.

WA0CBW

Premium Subscriber
FYI caphab1: Type 1 systems had specific group/unit sizes. For example you could have 1 talk group with 100 units or you could have 50 talk groups with only 2 units each. The fleet map could consist of several different combinations of groups/units. It was kind of like old scanners that had a fixed number of banks and a fixed number of channels in each bank.
BB

Status
Not open for further replies.