BCD536HP Software Update 1.06.10 Analyze Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hearken

Premium Subscriber
Does anybody have any information about how to use the new Analyze Mode for the BCD536HP? It appears this update may still have bugs in the program. When you use the EDACS/LTR LCN Finder, it gets hung up for hours and after you jump out of the Analyze Mode, and go back into it, the whole process starts over again, with the same results as the first time with it Hanging up again. Maybe it's OE, (operator error) but that's why I am asking. There are other questions about the Analyze Mode I am wondering about too. Anybody could advise appreciated it.

Hearken

Premium Subscriber
Software Update / EDACS & LTR.

My problem with the upgrade, is "all" LTR systems are acting the same way. It gets to a certain number of checked LCN frequencies, then it freezes up. Out where I live their are no EDACSystems that are in use. So I will really do not know what those systems are doing, just what is going on with the LTR Systems, at this time. Just thought I would throw that in, for now.
It would be nice if Uniden would issue instructions on how this new update works.

Last edited:

henrygb

In my town there is a LTR conventional system with little activity and 10 channels. In 2006 using LTRDump , found the LCN of frequencies and since then programmed the BCT-15 and BR-330, and the year 2014 the BCD-536HP too, monitoring well until today, the conventional LTR system

Now using LCN Finder BCD-536HP, only found up to 7 LCN the LTR system, and interestingly is a number less than what he found LTRDump, for example for the same frequency: LCN found by LTRDump= 5, same frequency LCN found by BCD-536HP= 4 , and so goes the same for the other frequencies. Out of curiosity, I programmed the same BCD-536HP with this new order of LCN and you can not monitor the system as it was before.

Maybe through this for the little activity that has the LTR system in my area...

cpetraglia

I dont see any talk of how the Analyze feature works with an 800Mhz phase one or two system.
Anyone have any input on this?

Thanks, Chuck

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber
It seems to work fine on the Portland Ore 700 MHz P25 phase 1 system and the Oregon State Radio Project 700 MHz Phase II system as well as the Oregon DOC Coffee Creek prison 800 MHz Phase 1 system. Works great on 800 MHz Motorola type II systems.

cpetraglia

What PC program are you using to monitor the CC and control a voice receiver? I am wanting to use Pro96Com and the word is the CC output is not of a complete serial data so it wont work. The software will not be updated to support the X36s until the CC data is correct. Anyone know if this will ever happen?

cjabass123

This is in reqard to P25 ANALYZE functionality. Forgive me if I repeat someone else's wish. And I apologize if what I'm suggesting is way off base.

It seems the AUTO mode is working for some and not others. Some say the auto adjustments are so aggressive that it causes audio quality to go from good to bad (and perhaps back again). Some have suggested allowing the user to have some input, such as setting a smaller range of adjustment (ie 3 - 5 or 6 - 9) instead of having the radio test from 0 - 9 every time. And I think we need a simple quick way to save the settings, once we identify them.

So I guess what I am requesting is a SMART AUTO mode. Here's how I'd like to see it work:

I apply the new firmware and go into SMART AUTO ANALYZE for the first time. I HOLD on a channel. I say ANALYZE. The ALERT light is RED. As the radio performs it's adjustments, as the error rates improve the ALERT light begins to go to YELLOW and when the alert light gets to GREEN, I hit a button and the radio changes it's settings (saves them) and sets the mode to MANUAL for that channel. If I ever go into analyze mode for that channel again, I'll see the alert light is green (because it's been set to MANUAL) and know that the radio has already been set for that channel.

Perhaps part of its adjustment could also be to test both FM and NFM modulation settings.

I am not saying it's impossible but it seems that getting clean P25 audio adjustments, on-the-fly, automatically, may simply not be realistic. (Though GRE users seem to be very happy) That's not a slam against Uniden. They're certainly working on it. But until such time as they nail it, perhaps the user can help if Uniden gives us a method to do so.

Once I find a good P25 setting for a system, dept, or channel, I'd like to know that I'm done with it and not have the radio try to re-adjust it every time, causing me to lose the audio stability that I may have already saved.

As a former programmer, I know that if all the data and parameters are present, anything can be accomplished.

SOFA_KING

This is in reqard to P25 ANALYZE functionality. Forgive me if I repeat someone else's wish. And I apologize if what I'm suggesting is way off base.

It seems the AUTO mode is working for some and not others. Some say the auto adjustments are so aggressive that it causes audio quality to go from good to bad (and perhaps back again). Some have suggested allowing the user to have some input, such as setting a smaller range of adjustment (ie 3 - 5 or 6 - 9) instead of having the radio test from 0 - 9 every time. And I think we need a simple quick way to save the settings, once we identify them.

So I guess what I am requesting is a SMART AUTO mode. Here's how I'd like to see it work:

I apply the new firmware and go into SMART AUTO ANALYZE for the first time. I HOLD on a channel. I say ANALYZE. The ALERT light is RED. As the radio performs it's adjustments, as the error rates improve the ALERT light begins to go to YELLOW and when the alert light gets to GREEN, I hit a button and the radio changes it's settings (saves them) and sets the mode to MANUAL for that channel. If I ever go into analyze mode for that channel again, I'll see the alert light is green (because it's been set to MANUAL) and know that the radio has already been set for that channel.

Perhaps part of its adjustment could also be to test both FM and NFM modulation settings.

I am not saying it's impossible but it seems that getting clean P25 audio adjustments, on-the-fly, automatically, may simply not be realistic. (Though GRE users seem to be very happy) That's not a slam against Uniden. They're certainly working on it. But until such time as they nail it, perhaps the user can help if Uniden gives us a method to do so.

Once I find a good P25 setting for a system, dept, or channel, I'd like to know that I'm done with it and not have the radio try to re-adjust it every time, causing me to lose the audio stability that I may have already saved.

As a former programmer, I know that if all the data and parameters are present, anything can be accomplished.

Not a bad idea. But even when I found the optimum value on some of my VHF conventional frequencies, and locked the value in by programming them in manual fixed mode, I still experienced breakup with one to two bars of signal. I used to be able to pickup zero bars and decode as well, if not better. So perhaps AUTO with a less aggressive adjustment is what works best.

For trunked systems, once an optimum value was found, I had good results locking that value in. Perhaps the RR Database could upload that manual value once identified.

cjabass123

Signal issues may always be a problem for decoding.

But I agree that it would be nice if the database could include known good settings, but that would require users to send in that info, which would add more work for the admins. I can envision that taking a lot of time to complete. It would probably be ever-evolving (imagine the possible wide variations in what works for one user versus another on the same system). Admins would have to input some sort of compromise value.

On the favorable side, once updated, perhaps those values could be used by the AUTO analyze as a base setting, allowing the adjustments to be "less aggressive" as I've heard people mention.

Status
Not open for further replies.