Unit DEAD after one month use

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cellbaseman

I bought this overpriced scanner about 18 months ago. I was unable to program it with the Uniden software.
About 6 weeks ago I bought the Butel software and was able to make this scanner useful. After only about ONE MONTHS USE it has failed completely. Dead. Its not the wall wort.
Is this a common problem?
How many hundred dollars does Uniden charge to fix the unit?

I own over two dozen other Uniden scanners with not even one failure in many years.

Voyager

Not a common problem at all. Likely a bad SD card which is less than 10 bucks at Wal*Mart.

Interesting that you also could not get the SW to work while many others have - especially considering there aren't even any drivers to deal with.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
I bought this overpriced scanner about 18 months ago. I was unable to program it with the Uniden software.
About 6 weeks ago I bought the Butel software and was able to make this scanner useful. After only about ONE MONTHS USE it has failed completely. Dead. Its not the wall wort.
Is this a common problem?
How many hundred dollars does Uniden charge to fix the unit?

I own over two dozen other Uniden scanners with not even one failure in many years.

Replace or remove the SD card and see what happens.

garys

Premium Subscriber
As others have said, replace the SD card. If you take the time to read through some of the threads in the Uniden Forum, you'll see that most x36HP weird behavior can be traced to SD card issues.

If you do have to return the scanner, Uniden lists the repair cost at $79.95, plus whatever it costs you for one way shipping.

I sent one of 536HPs back in early June and included credit card information because I'm the second owner and the scanner is well over a year old. They still fixed it under warranty and charged me nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.