RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners and Receivers Forums > Uniden Forums > Uniden Bug Reports

Uniden Bug Reports Use this forum for serious discussion of possible or known bugs (e.g., design flaws) or critical issues specific to certain models. Please use the Uniden Tavern forum for rants about deficiencies or flaws in hardware.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-11-2014, 11:57 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Headphone Campaign Details

My RMA number is 217. I hadn't read closely enough... Apparently I will be waiting for my scanner to be repaired. I did not know this when I submitted the request. If I had known, I would have waited a couple months until things settled down as the headphone jack is not critical to me. The post explaining that the program to ship replacement scanners as soon as receiving notice from UPS that the original is on the way back to uniden needs to be moved to the top NOW. We shouldn't all be expected to read through every post in the thread to find that out.

Now I'll be waiting who knows how long to get my scanner back...
Sponsored links
Old 03-11-2014, 12:05 PM
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Headphone issue

My friend just sent his in on Friday and was told they would repair his radio. Today he got notified his replacement shipped and will be here on Thursday. So who knows? Maybe you'll get a replacement too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1ZZN View Post
My RMA number is 217. I hadn't read closely enough... Apparently I will be waiting for my scanner to be repaired. I did not know this when I submitted the request. If I had known, I would have waited a couple months until things settled down as the headphone jack is not critical to me. The post explaining that the program to ship replacement scanners as soon as receiving notice from UPS that the original is on the way back to uniden needs to be moved to the top NOW. We shouldn't all be expected to read through every post in the thread to find that out.

Now I'll be waiting who knows how long to get my scanner back...
http://W8MSP.com
E-Mail W8MSP@W8MSP.com
E-Mail detroit780@radioreference.com
Old 03-11-2014, 12:20 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Interesting, we'll see!

I'm not too upset either way. Other than the headphone issue, I was very happy with the scanner I had, never noticed the serial/USB issue, though I had not gotten the butel software to try controlling it with that.

I want to say thanks to UPMan for doing his best dealing with a difficult situation.
Old 03-11-2014, 4:39 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Got mine today. 7 days after UPS picked it up. Looks ok, works ok.
Old 03-11-2014, 4:51 PM

Today I received my replacement scanner and I am very pleased with what Uniden has done to repair the headphone issue. When UPS pulled into my driveway, I asked the delivery man to watch as I opened the box just in case of a problem. No package material was in the bottom of the package, but the scanner looks brand new. The only ssue I have with the entire process is with UPS. Their tracking wasn’t working for about four days and I was concerned about its whereabouts. It was delivered three days late, but all is well now.. Whew!! Thanks UPMan.

Jim E.
Sponsored links
Old 03-11-2014, 5:09 PM

Default New Production Units...As It Pertains To This Headphone Jack Recall

Just a quick question...and hoping this is the correct thread, as I'm trying to keep up (apologies if not). So, I returned my two <2600 serial numbered units still new in the box to the dealer not wanting to deal with all of this, but still wanting 536s once all has settled down (summer, fall, ???). Two brand new units from a late-Feb. Uniden shipment are available now from my dealer to replace these for me, if I want them to ship these my way. My question is that while these brand new, recently-sent-to-dealer units also have the last four as <2600, the digits in the middle of the serial number are now substantially higher than the middle digits of the assumed-problem-children I sent back. Does anyone know (Paul??) if the ones being offered by my dealer are new-new production (post problem) or old-new/spayed/neutered/repaired units based upon this mid-serial number difference only? The dealer says they look like they've not been out of the box before and thinks that they are post-problem production 536s. Their recent deliveries do not have the "three year warranty" tag. I appreciate any factual updates anyone can provide. I paid for two scanners in January and would appreciate an issue-free 536 future like everyone here in the forum. Thanks all. - Jeff

P.S. Thanks Paul for all your work! I hope Uniden management has an all-expenses-paid tropical vacation "thank you" in your future.
Old 03-11-2014, 6:42 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Why not have the dealer fire one up for you and see if it works to your satisfaction?
Old 03-11-2014, 7:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffa2000 View Post
Just a quick question...and hoping this is the correct thread, as I'm trying to keep up (apologies if not). So, I returned my two <2600 serial numbered units still new in the box to the dealer not wanting to deal with all of this, but still wanting 536s once all has settled down (summer, fall, ???). Two brand new units from a late-Feb. Uniden shipment are available now from my dealer to replace these for me, if I want them to ship these my way. My question is that while these brand new, recently-sent-to-dealer units also have the last four as <2600, the digits in the middle of the serial number are now substantially higher than the middle digits of the assumed-problem-children I sent back. Does anyone know (Paul??) if the ones being offered by my dealer are new-new production (post problem) or old-new/spayed/neutered/repaired units based upon this mid-serial number difference only? The dealer says they look like they've not been out of the box before and thinks that they are post-problem production 536s. Their recent deliveries do not have the "three year warranty" tag. I appreciate any factual updates anyone can provide. I paid for two scanners in January and would appreciate an issue-free 536 future like everyone here in the forum. Thanks all. - Jeff

P.S. Thanks Paul for all your work! I hope Uniden management has an all-expenses-paid tropical vacation "thank you" in your future.

I have one of the new ones and the new numbers seem to ending with 4700xxxx and the old ones are 3800xxxx The hiss is gone but has been replaced with a clicking noise, which some one else had mentioned. Its not real loud, but noticeable.
Old 03-11-2014, 7:39 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsima1 View Post
got an email today saying that my radio was shipped and it was shipped snail mail. At least since I was the first one to report this problem make me completely feel sick thinking that they could not even take care of me on a priority level.

I have nothing good to say about UNIDEN anymore. Lack of urgency shows their true color.

THAT IS COMPLETELY HORRIBLE "UPMan" PAUL

I'm not happy that others are having bad luck, I am happy that now I'm not looking like the damaged scanner I received was something I did to get another scanner out of Uniden.

Btw, everyone take a good close look at your scanners in really good light. A friend of mines scanner was dented but couldn't see it at first.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sponsored links

Old 03-11-2014, 8:27 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Beware UPS. I just had a package take 5.5 days to go 234.71 miles. May not be entirely Uniden's fault in terms of shipping time.
Old 03-11-2014, 8:36 PM
Uniden Representative
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

77 is enough to identify you.
Old 03-11-2014, 8:51 PM
Multistate DB Admin
Database Admin

Guys, transit times are not Unidens fault with the UPS system. All the carriers are experienincing delays as trucks, intermodal containers and trains are rerouted all over due to weather constraints.

Those who are making a big deal about shipping times and faulting Uniden are way out of line, and frankly your making yourself out as an *** without taking a deep breath first.

Yes, this whole ordeal is trying, but let's engage some common sense first before dragging one guy all over the floor covered with broken glass.

Right now let's stay a but more focused on the repair and replacement aspect. As far as I can see that needs to be discussed:

-Repair process
-Repair time frame
-Hiccups at Uniden for Paul to address
-Repair quality (not shipping)

Paul has addressed the packing. If your scanner was shipped after Paul stated it was taken care of, please post your RMA number for him to get ahold of

Damage in transit

Scanner not fixed/new issues (click noise)

Anything else that has not come up

Please, let's be civil.
Old 03-11-2014, 8:53 PM
Multistate DB Admin
Database Admin

Paul, please email me at my radioreference email address and I'll try to get you a sample of what we are hearing in the next couple of days.
Old 03-11-2014, 8:58 PM
Uniden Representative
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsima1 View Post
got an email today saying that my radio was shipped and it was shipped snail mail. At least since I was the first one to report this problem make me completely feel sick thinking that they could not even take care of me on a priority level.

I have nothing good to say about UNIDEN anymore. Lack of urgency shows their true color.

THAT IS COMPLETELY HORRIBLE "UPMan" PAUL
Not knowing which one is yours or who you are, we would have had a heck of a time identifying your unit to give it special treatment. To my knowledge, no units have been shipped out using USPS (snail mail). All are being sent using UPS service.
Old 03-11-2014, 9:03 PM
Uniden Representative
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

PJH: I'll be back in the office on Thursday (some) and will be able to check into things better, then. What was your reference #?
Sponsored links
Old 03-11-2014, 9:08 PM
Multistate DB Admin
Database Admin

RMA 104
Old 03-11-2014, 9:24 PM

Fed Ex. is better than UPS.
Old 03-11-2014, 9:34 PM
Uniden Representative
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I've been told that me hand carrying each one and handing it back personally is better than either.
Old 03-11-2014, 11:07 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPMan View Post
I've been told that me hand carrying each one and handing it back personally is better than either.
I can go for that.
Old 03-11-2014, 11:59 PM

I received my replacement 536 today via UPS (#149). Fortunately all is well. It looks new so I have no complaint!