RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners and Receivers Forums > Uniden Forums > Uniden Bug Reports

Uniden Bug Reports Use this forum for serious discussion of possible or known bugs (e.g., design flaws) or critical issues specific to certain models. Please use the Uniden Tavern forum for rants about deficiencies or flaws in hardware.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-09-2014, 12:11 AM
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Default Time resets when powered scanner is off for long periods

Since I've been gone a lot with my 536 at home it usually sits in a switched off state but with power always applied. Every time I turn the scanner on after it being off for these periods I have to set the time. When I initially got the scanner I did let it sit powered on as recommended. My feeling is with constant power whether the scanner is on or off the backup battery should not be losing its charge. You shouldn't have to turn the scanner on within every 50 hours to charge the thing (if I read the operation correctly).

Am I missing something here?
Please follow the forum rules and contact a moderator directly, not via a thread.
Sponsored links
Old 03-09-2014, 1:11 AM

What I read and If remember correctly it has to be on not off (does not count being plugged in and off)for 50 hrs to keep it charged to last for 1 Week.
......... Sorry I missed you had it on the first Time. ..................................
do you have it off for more the a Week ?
Old 03-09-2014, 1:28 AM
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Yes, it's switched off via the knob but it has constant 12VDC power continuously with no confirmed outages.

It acts as though it only trickle charges when the knob is turned on.
Old 03-09-2014, 1:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneH View Post
Yes, it's switched off via the knob but it has constant 12VDC power continuously with no confirmed outages.

It acts as though it only trickle charges when the knob is turned on.
I do not have the 536 only the 436.
What I have read between the line it has to be ON for it to charge.
Hopefully Paul on Monday or sooner can confirm this, as I have seen he can not stay away from here even on the Weekend.
Old 03-11-2014, 9:46 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfdf View Post
I do not have the 536 only the 436.
What I have read between the line it has to be ON for it to charge.
Hopefully Paul on Monday or sooner can confirm this, as I have seen he can not stay away from here even on the Weekend.
I think the 536 needs to be on to charge the clock battery while the 436 needs to be off but not positive on that.
I know the 436 will not charge its operating batteries unless it is off and attached to an active powered USB port but I'm not sure if the clock battery is also charged on the 436 in the off state.
Being as it is such a small current needed to charge the clock battery, I would think the 436 should charge it when powered on in the 436 models.

Leaving either model turned on for 50 hours is how I read the manual as far as charging the clock battery goes.
Sponsored links