"Stop All Avoiding" Bug -- BCD536HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

MStep

After setting a bunch of avoids (both permanent and temporary) in a particular favorites group, I decided I wanted to stop all avoiding. I went to the "Manage Favorites" menu and scrolled down to the favorites group that I was working with. One of the selections is "Stop All Avoiding"--- I pressed the function key and was given the choice to "Confirm, Stop All Avoiding" (Y/N) ?"

I pressed the E/yes button, but all the avoided items were still avoided. The way I had to clear them was to go into "Review Avoids" and clear them all individually.

This definitely appears to be a bug. I am using the latest version of the firmware (1.06.10). Can anyone confirm this bug?

I attempted to search the forums, but could find no previous mention of this exact problem. Thanks all in advance.

Last edited:

TigerMoth

MStep, I couldn't reproduce this, but will keep an eye out for it.

To make it easier for you (or anyone else) should this be a problem in future, you can put the MicroSD card into a PC and edit 'BCDx36HP/profile.cfg' and remove any lines beginning with 'AvoidFreqs'. This will at least save you the tedium of manually removing each entry.

From what I can tell, 250 is the maximum number of avoids within your favourites.

MStep

MStep, I couldn't reproduce this, but will keep an eye out for it.

To make it easier for you (or anyone else) should this be a problem in future, you can put the MicroSD card into a PC and edit 'BCDx36HP/profile.cfg' and remove any lines beginning with 'AvoidFreqs'. This will at least save you the tedium of manually removing each entry.

From what I can tell, 250 is the maximum number of avoids within your favourites.

I will attempt to replicate this once again and try to give more specific information as to the circumstances under which this occurs. There were not a lot of avoids in the favorite groups that I tested, so removing them individually was not a problem. I will reexamine the whole thing and get back in a day or two. Thanks for your help and input.

Status
Not open for further replies.