New 396XT 1.11.01 Firmware Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
From the Uniden Site:

Here is what you need to do to apply the 1.11.01 update.

1. Download the latest version of BC_VUP3 (the firmware update tool) by clicking BC_VUP_V3_00_01.zip.
  2. Unzip the files you downloaded in Step 1 to your desktop. Then run setup.exe to install the firmware updater. (If you previously installed a version of BC_VUP, be sure you delete the old install files before reinstalling. These files are in a "BCSS" directory.)
  3. Run the BC_VUP3 application you installed in Step 2. Follow all on-screen instructions, selecting the BCD396XT to update and the V1_11_01 version.
Notes:
  • All updates are cumulative. Applying the latest update includes all changes made by previous updates, too.
  • Most update problems are caused by serial port issues. See the troubleshooting hints in the Update Troubleshooting section if you have problems.
  • Two great forums exist for sharing information about this scanner within the user community:
What is Changed by This Update?

This update improves performance on APCO Project P25 sites operating using Linear Simulcast Modulation (LSM).

did mine was easy so hope i here something better than before on trunking systems.
not sure what systems will be better Parma P25,Cleveland P25,Marcs 700 System??

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Much easier to update. Far less steps thtn the previous updater.I see the 996XT is in the drop down menu, but no update YET. Hope this helps the Starcom system in Chicago...thank you.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Ok, and when you download the zip file from the 2nd link, follow steps 2 and 3 from post #2.

Also note that by copying the text of the post, you've posted broken links (you copied the abbreviated/displayed link, not the actual link). Both of the links in your post are going to be NG.

As to the first post, I've reconfirmed that both links are good. Not sure what is up with your PC's configuration.

Last edited:

garys

Premium Subscriber
The updating experience is much improved. I can't speak to the actual update as I don't have any P25 simulcast systems in my area, but the process of installing the update is simple.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Ok, and when you download the zip file from the 2nd link, follow steps 2 and 3 from post #2.

Also note that by copying the text of the post, you've posted broken links (you copied the abbreviated/displayed link, not the actual link). Both of the links in your post are going to be NG.

As to the first post, I've reconfirmed that both links are good. Not sure what is up with your PC's configuration.

Both links work fine here.

Download and install very easy... pretty much self-explanatory.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
same results-I got it, but nothing is happenning,getting run in circles... I'll explore later.. Thx anywho

Did you un-zip the download first?

if so, what happened when you ran the "setup.exe" file?

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I see myself crafting a step by step upgrading guide with pictures
for the Wiki later today for those that may not be computer savvy.
The new update software pretty much does everything for you
with very little intervention needed. But I will still toss something together late this afternoon.
Sadly it will have to wait until I get home but hopefully I will have something online
by this evening.
Marshall KE4ZNR

kb8rvp

Will this update also work for the 996XT? If not is there a plan to have a LSM fix for the 996XT?

You just need to download the new updater program and unzip it and then install it. You must have an internet connection when you run the updater as it pulls the updated firmware from Uniden. You will need to select your product type and version of the firmware. It looks like the update is available for the BCD396XT as of today so I am sure the 996XT will be next.

Mike

Last edited:

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I did the update and it went smoothly for the most part. It has a feature that will auto-detect the COM port for the scanner, which didn't work for me. (I'm using the USB-1 cable).

I manually entered the associated COM port and the update went fine.

I noticed a significant improvement in receiving the Louisville MetroSafe P-25 simulcast system. There was a substantial reduction in the amount of garble, though the audio isn't pristine, which brings up the following question:

Can simulcast audio be further "tweaked" by P-25 mode/level/adjustment settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.