RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners and Receivers Forums > Uniden Forums > Uniden Future Designs

Uniden Future Designs For discussion of upcoming models, wish lists or all other topics on possible designs or features.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 5:15 AM

P25 Phase I / II / X2
Mototrbo
NXDN / IDAS
MPT1327
(TETRA)
MDC1200
DTMF
Sponsored links
Old 11-17-2012, 1:54 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I want the reverse image display that Uniden has now adopted on their new line of CB radios.

Much more simpler instruction manuals
Old 11-19-2012, 10:22 PM

Scanner lets you know when your batteries are low and it beeps every 15 seconds how about an indicator to let you know when batteries are fully charged?
Old 11-24-2012, 11:23 AM
Mid-MI DB Admin
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Revolutionary radio - idea, IMHO.
Make a few diff radios one with tweaks of what we have now, another the same but a couple extra things for people with diff trunking systems.

or,

Have a radio like now with extra tweaks, but if you want to have it decode additional trunking systems you would buy and order that online, they send you the program in an email, use your USB cable to add additional functionality.

Doing it that way would keep the initial cost down somewhat as many wouldn't need the additional systems in their areas or more likely would only want to just be able to tune in their 911 activities only.
From what I have found from programming a lot of radios for people the latter I state is the case - just 911.
I have a lot of people that contacted me who want to, but even at current prices its more than one can afford or dont listen to the radio enough to justify $430 or so now.
Old 11-28-2012, 6:55 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

The speed of a R/S Pro 106, a larger display, and selectable display colors to match my dash board. Reverse engineer a Kenwood Excelon radio and you'll know what I'm talking about.
Add to that list a removable trim ring on DIN scanners to allow ISO mounting in modern cars.
Ditch the proprietary USB cable and convert to a standard USB mini.
Change the remote head to a smaller touch screen display similar to the one on the HP-1.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:44 PM

make the HP-1 a convertible radio from desktop to Portable, have the screen able to switch from side to vertical mode/view and then switch the antenna to a fixed one. maybe even a remote control speaker with good audio for portable duty + a larger screen

2) able to have a scanner mode through Sentinel would be a nice addition to have audio/controls on my laptop similar to ICOM/winradio SDRs
Old 11-29-2012, 9:28 PM

Default Download programs a great idea - but please remember Apple users.

Business model to allow us to order software online. Executables as e-mail attachments could be a problem. Download from a trusted site is preferable after purchase. But please consider users with operating systems other than Windows - like Apple IOSs. Right now we cannot even get the drivers to download firmware upgrades. Luckily, ScannerMaster has a great service for updating firmware.
Old 11-30-2012, 5:56 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Add a priority channel to the Homepatrol
www.wirebridgeweather.com APRSWXNET http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/wxpage.cgi?DW1694
Old 11-30-2012, 7:10 PM

Talking

maybe a scanner that only i can hear, and not my wife. i swear i get more friggin' exercise walking from the office to the living room, to "get this friggin' thing out of here. i'm trying to watch dancing with the stars !".
Old 11-30-2012, 9:39 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost_in_maine View Post
Add a priority channel to the Homepatrol
As long as it has DND mode available :-)
Old 12-04-2012, 2:15 PM

A simple battery charging control circuit would be nice.
Old 12-05-2012, 4:25 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default once again

back with another one

BIGGER NUMBERS

thanks
Old 12-05-2012, 4:35 PM

Location: Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very cold.

Make the next radio an SDR with it's own linux based computer built in. That will allow for DSD to be used on it with will allow for reception of just about every mode listed in this thread. Since there's no need to license patents for P25, the price could be dropped to $200 or less.

Or better yet, mate a USB SDR with a Raspberry Pi yourself and have the same thing for less than $100.

I intend to do the latter when I have some extra money and free time. I'm really pretty much done with buying scanners from the big 3 (Uniden, GRE and RS) because I can literally build my own for a fraction of the cost.
Old 12-05-2012, 6:06 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Delay

This may have been covered already (and I may have covered it myself) but the one very simple item I would like is to have a delay function for EACH channel/freq/TG. NOT a delay function for a group or system. And please add 3 and 4 seconds to the option. Not sure why they are missing now. I have 20 year old scanners that can do that, why can't a new one do it?
Old 12-05-2012, 6:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanman1958 View Post
And please add 3 and 4 seconds to the option. Not sure why they are missing now. I have 20 year old scanners that can do that, why can't a new one do it?
I asked for that in the last upgrade for the XT series, it was not added, seems like the XT series is the only ones without the 3-4 second delay.

Sponsored links
Old 12-05-2012, 7:12 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I always thought it would be nice to have a hand held remote control which could control most or all of the radio's functions, including a display which shows the same info as the radio's display.
Old 12-07-2012, 7:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogBone384 View Post
The speed of a R/S Pro 106,

Ditch the proprietary USB cable and convert to a standard USB mini.
The HP-1 has a standard mini USB connector, and the scan speed on the Uniden models has been the same as the 106 for at least 10 years.

Joe M.
Old 12-07-2012, 7:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by troshs View Post
Anyways, I would like to be able to regulate the volume of the weather alert tone, so that I can use the alert feature without ticking off the people in the adjacent apartments...I keep my scanner low enough so that the tones don't do too much damage, but the weather alert can't be adjusted and is put only on full volume which isn't acceptable by my landlord. I would like the feature to be added. But if its not possible, I understand that there are certain regulations...I have a weather radio that you can adjust the tone on, but that doesn't get good reception in my house in the winter time.
As you eluded, the volume of modern weather alert receivers is regulated by the federal government. Have your landlord talk them into changing their standards if he does not like it.

If he forces you to keep it off, and you receive any damage as a result of the lack of a warning, talk to an attorney about getting compensated from your landlord. It should be an open-n-shut case since he prohibited your ability to use a weather alert receiver. I wonder if he has removed the smoke detectors for the same reason.

Joe M.
Old 12-07-2012, 7:51 AM

I want:

P25 Phase II capability
Preferably in a scanner like the Homepatrol!
Don't be fooled, I'm not a LEO!
Old 12-07-2012, 7:52 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; U; en-US) Gecko/20081217 Vision-Browser/8.1 301x200 LG VN530)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LZ56
Quote:
Originally Posted by KB7MIB View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; U; en-US) Gecko/20081217 Vision-Browser/8.1 301x200 LG VN530)

IIRC, Electra Bearcat had a shortwave receiver back in the 70's-80's. (I seem to recall it advertised in "Firehouse" magazine that my Dad got when he was with a volunteer company back then.) Anyone remember the model number?
Here 'tis:

Bearcat DX1000 Uniden DX-1000
LZ56, thank you! It appears that the radio didn't live up to it's specifications, however, according to the review. So, I guess it's a good thing my parents didn't buy it for me lol