RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners and Receivers Forums > Uniden Forums > Uniden Future Designs

Uniden Future Designs For discussion of upcoming models, wish lists or all other topics on possible designs or features.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-20-2014, 8:22 PM
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default BCDx36HP does not display radio ID on encrypted talkgroup

When I hold on an encrypted P25 talkgroup with my BCDx36HP, it displays ENC, but does not show the radio ID. I understand we cannot monitor an encrypted talkgroup, but displaying the radio ID helps in identifying encrypted talkgroup usage. I still rely on my BCD996XT for helping to ID encrypted talkgroups.

Example:

When I hear a police officer with Radio ID 101 talking on “Channel 1” talkgroup and they announce on the radio that they are going to “Channel 2”. I then seen an unidentified encrypted talkgroup show up and I see the same Radio ID 101 on this talkgroup, I have just identified this new talkgroup as “Channel 2 (Encrypted)”.

Who votes with me to have unit IDs displayed on encrypted talkgroups as part of future firmware?
Sponsored links
Old 08-21-2014, 7:45 AM
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Uniden Encryption

I have complained about this since the radios came out. Only to be criticized by the Fan Boys who don't understand why anyone needs to stop on an encrypted transmission.

The PSR 800 gave the end user a choice to stop or pass by encrypted transmissions. They just set a flag in the software. Uniden chose not to let the end user make that decision. It would seem to be an easy fix in the software but judging by past performance on the 436\536 nothing is quick or easy from the sleeping giant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellphone View Post
When I hold on an encrypted P25 talkgroup with my BCDx36HP, it displays ENC, but does not show the radio ID. I understand we cannot monitor an encrypted talkgroup, but displaying the radio ID helps in identifying encrypted talkgroup usage. I still rely on my BCD996XT for helping to ID encrypted talkgroups.

Example:

When I hear a police officer with Radio ID 101 talking on “Channel 1” talkgroup and they announce on the radio that they are going to “Channel 2”. I then seen an unidentified encrypted talkgroup show up and I see the same Radio ID 101 on this talkgroup, I have just identified this new talkgroup as “Channel 2 (Encrypted)”.

Who votes with me to have unit IDs displayed on encrypted talkgroups as part of future firmware?
http://W8MSP.com
E-Mail W8MSP@W8MSP.com
E-Mail detroit780@radioreference.com
Old 08-21-2014, 8:29 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Have you tried the SDR? That's what I like to use to logs radio id's and TG's
Old 08-21-2014, 10:13 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Can't you just lockout?
Old 08-26-2014, 7:00 AM
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Encryption skip

Lock out what? I think the complaint is we want it to stop on encrypted communications so we can see the radio ID and be able to tell who is taking.

I've tried the single channel trunked method on conventional too which only works if it is not encrypted. If it is encrypted the radio passes over it. Which is fine for most people, a flag setting in the software would make everyone happy make it default to skip and make us who want it to stop choose to stop on encryption.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeuser View Post
Can't you just lockout?
http://W8MSP.com
E-Mail W8MSP@W8MSP.com
E-Mail detroit780@radioreference.com
Sponsored links
Old 08-26-2014, 9:30 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Maybe its a difference between the systems we monitor. On KSICS, most secured traffic goes to its own TG. So, I can just lockout that TG. I guess its not the same for you? If not, I'm sorry for the confusion. Maybe this is a feature to be added in a future firmware update. We can hope!
Old 08-26-2014, 3:39 PM

I believe that is something you would accomplish with ANALYZE (if they ever would release it). Most people don't want scanners to stop on encrypted traffic just to display the IDs. Thats what the ANALYZE application would be for, among other things.
Old 08-26-2014, 4:13 PM

Along the same lines I'd love to see the ability to send out what we want to to the PC/IF jack on a per frequency and/or talk-group basis. This way we can can send out what we want (say for example ProVoice, Mototrbo etc...to an external resource for further decoding) and still use the scanners internal speaker for voice traffic.