Just trying to down load database from radioreference.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

HROC65

Ok. How do I download a police fire ect... data base from the radioreference.com site to my Uniden radio. Ive done everything possible to configure my radio to work with the website RADIOREFERENCE.COM. but when I try to log in with my ID and password.It tells me : FAILER TO LOGIN TO SITE RADIOREFERENCE.COM. why dont they have Point to point instructions on how to set this scanner up to download info form the database? Im lost . I'm pretty savy on how to follow directions...But there are now good directions on how to simply download police,fire ect.... Data bases to my scanner. I just need them for one state, the Im in. Not user friendly.

Last edited:

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
I believe you are actually trying to ask a question about how to use the software you've gotten to program the scanner using the RadioReference database. However, several important points are missing, the most critical of which is: What software are you using?

This thread is probably best handled in the forum dedicated to that software, and I suspect that a moderator will move it once the software is identified.

HROC65

Finally got it.

I finally figured out whats going on....I had to do the portforwarding configuration in my router. once i did that ...bingo. Everything else fell into place. Thank you Tech help. for the rapid response anyway.

HROC65

Ok.I do have another question though. How do i identifiy the local police ,fire ect... frequencies? on here ? It has so many ......sources. I dont know which one to download for minnesota.lol

detroit780

Silent Key
Database Admin
Downloading help

Perhaps sharing what radio and what software you are using would help us. How do I identify local police, fire etc is a pretty broad question. Where in Minnesota might also help.
What do you mean by how do I identify?

Les

Ok.I do have another question though. How do i identifiy the local police ,fire ect... frequencies? on here ? It has so many ......sources. I dont know which one to download for minnesota.lol

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
What software are you using? If you're using FreeScan, see the user guide (which you can access via Help / Online Help from the FS toolbar), and the instructions are laid out for you (conventional and trunked are slightly different)

Mike

HROC65

Just local

I just want to monitor state patrol, local police,fire, public safety, What would i look for in the database to download those frequencies only? I live in Minneapolis,mn

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Allied Radio Matrix for Emergency Response (ARMER) Trunking System, Various, Minnesota - Scanner Frequencies Is the system you will be interested in.

The sites you'll want to program are Hennepin East, Hennepin West, Minneapolis City Center Simulcast and Minneapolis N-S Simulcast.

The talkgroups you'll be interested in are the Minnesota Department of Pulbic Safety state patrol (the metro ones) and Minneapolis Police and Fire.

This presumes you are in Minneapolis proper. If you are outside (such as Richfield or Bloomington) then you'd want the smaller city talkgroups and probably those for Hennepin County.

You'll probably find the links below of interest:
Hennepin County (MN) - The RadioReference Wiki
Allied Radio Matrix for Emergency Response (ARMER) - The RadioReference Wiki

You might want to post specific questions about this system in the Minnesota forum - there's lots of good information there.

Also the Minnesota trunked radio system, ARMER, is a very robust system and does lots of neat things. It is a very complex system and will take some time to understand how it all works.

Status
Not open for further replies.