BCD396T/BC996T: flash-rom test error now says rom error after updating

Status
Not open for further replies.
i need help please my brother is mad he wanted me to update the bcd396t i did everything right an it was updating 1/3 at the end of first on it said flash-test rom error using the esn-loader please help

ok i will try i uninstalled the software an re-installed it an if does not work i guess call uniden see what to do next you cut the scanner in an say rom error now after the update flash-rom test error even tried to reset to factory settings by using hold/2/9 power

RF23

Premium Subscriber
There is an area in the ROM that is not user accessible that checks for good Firmware before proceeding with the loading of the Firmware data. Therefore, if you follow n4yek good suggestions the scanner should come up in the state needed to update the Firmware, but as n4yek said you must follow the instructions EXACTLY, Do Not Skip any Steps.

Unless the radio has a physical problem (which you cannot cause AFAIK by trying to do a Firmware update) it is not suppose to be possible to "Brick" the radio by making a mistake in updating the Firmware.

smithken

Premium Subscriber
What version firmware was on the scanner before you tried to update it and what version are you trying to update to? It sounds like you might be trying to load the wrong firmware.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin

bwhite

Premium Subscriber
Some of this firmware requires you to update in steps, you cannot take too big of a jump to the latest version. I do recall a post from about 6 months ago where the firmware update did not properly identify the too old version on the radio and tried the update anyway. I think similar results to this occurred.

Some of this firmware requires you to update in steps, you cannot take too big of a jump to the latest version. I do recall a post from about 6 months ago where the firmware update did not properly identify the too old version on the radio and tried the update anyway. I think similar results to this occurred.

i went with the update from uniden

Status
Not open for further replies.