Alert light on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoggorm

Hi,

On the BCD536HP:

Is there a way to make the alert light automatically turn on during all radio reception without having to manually select it on in all channels?

Thanks

AC2OY

That's a good question. I looked in both regular and easier to read,only I figured out how to do it is in Sentinel software and I had to do every channel individually.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Sentinel is a little cumbersome at setting alert lights for channels. There is a way to hasten this somewhat if there are numerous channels in the department.

In the Favorites List editing window, with a department open, you can set the alert light as desired in the top row. Then right click on the Alert Light cell, selecting Copy. Then select (highlight) the other cells the light should be applied to by either Control Click, Shift Click or holding the left mouse button down while scrolling down the column. Once all the desired cells have been selected, right mouse click and click Paste.

I set alert lights based on Service Type - blue for police, red for fire, etc. If I have a mixture of Service Types in the department, I'll do a sort based on Service Types to cluster them together for alert light setting purposes. After the alert light is set, I'll do my final sorting.

ARC 536 Pro has a feature to work on the Master Database on a computer. One of the things it will do is set the Alert Lights. However, this is still a multiple step process.

Hoggorm

In the Favorites List editing window, with a department open, you can set the alert light as desired in the top row. Then right click on the Alert Light cell, selecting Copy. Then select (highlight) the other cells the light should be applied to by either Control Click, Shift Click or holding the left mouse button down while scrolling down the column. Once all the desired cells have been selected, right mouse click and click Paste.

Thank you very much! This solution worked for me, and it is way better than changing every single cell.

Status
Not open for further replies.