RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners and Receivers Forums > Uniden Forums > Uniden Owner Tech Support

Uniden Owner Tech Support For current owners to get support with their scanners from existing or past owners. If you do not own or have model experience please restrict yourself to the other sub-forums.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-30-2014, 5:46 PM

Default Time setting freezes radio.

Apparently, the internal battery forbtue date/time only charges when the scanner is on. If i leave it sitting for a few days, the internal battery discharges, and i'm met with the time setting nonsense when i go to use the radio. Here's the technical issue (besides the poorly designed backup battery charging): when i set the time, I receive the "processing...please wait" screen, but the radio freezes on that screen. I have to remove a battery to turn the radio off. When I turn the radio back on, the date is Jan 1, and the time is 0:00, but the radio works fine.

Is this a glitch, or something that should be sent in to rectify?
Sponsored links
Old 05-01-2014, 5:55 AM

Connect the radio to a constant USB power source, turn the radio on and leave it on for at least 2 days on external power.

This should fully charge the clock battery that should keep the time for about 1 week or more.

Then you can set the time and forget about it.

I only set the time on my radio once and I have not had any issues.