RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners and Receivers Forums > Uniden Forums > Uniden Owner Tech Support

Uniden Owner Tech Support For current owners to get support with their scanners from existing or past owners. If you do not own or have model experience please restrict yourself to the other sub-forums.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-12-2014, 7:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phask View Post
James - possibly an Enc. TG???? I occasionally get a few TG's that will encrypt and I get either a brief digital "noise" or what sounds like a squelch tail, sometimes they stay on screen but are quiet after that initial noise.
I do not think these were Encrypted TG or Encrypted traffic.

It was a bit sporadic so I will need to see if it happens again and try to figure out what is going on.

What can say is most of the systems that the threshold value needs to be in the 10-12 range at times motorboated a bit. With the Beta firmware, this seems to be reduced if not fully eliminated at least for the systems I monitor. So possibly the threshold is faster to capture or something else has been tweaked.
Old 07-13-2014, 12:41 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Greatly improved P25 trunked simulcast audio. Then after a few minutes it receives nothing and signal meter shows no signal. Back to version 2.04 with no other changes and everything works fine. Tried this 3 times always with the same results. Tried all of the different audio settings (auto, manual, filter A, Filter B, offset, no offset).
Old 07-13-2014, 6:58 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default HP-1 Firmware 2.06 vs 2.03 Murata 50E vs 50G

With the new 2.06 beta firmware I wanted to finally spend a few hours testing the HP-1 and also to confirm the results of the Murata 50G filter mod. I had three HP-1s running and using the same antennas,the R/S 800 and an indoor Yagi. I ran firmware 2.06 and 2.03 with HP-1 50E stock filter and 50G Mod. What I found was that firmware 2.03 was the best with both filters.
The HP-1 with the 50G was able to receive the next county's P25 with firmware 2.03 and 2.06 while the other two were silent. This is my second HP-1 with the 50G mod , so that was helpful to see the same positive results.
Attached Images

Old 07-14-2014, 8:35 AM
Uniden Representative
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricCottrell View Post
Hello,

All three sites I am using to test are on the same system, so I am using one favorites list. I set avoid on the two sites I was not testing. I noticed during testing that the signal would briefly drop to zero every second. I deleted the two unused sites and I get the same result. No other alerts are on. This dropout does briefly affect the auto reading, but the control channel does not seem to dropout as the display still shows DAT.

Is anyone else noticing this during testing?

73 Eric
That is normal. The scanner does some housekeeping between CC checks. You can lengthen the time between these checks by setting a longer Site Hold time. Default of 0 will cycle about every 1.5-2 seconds.
Old 07-14-2014, 10:11 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

If the software logged every hit and was accurate in the database column this would be great for testing
Attached Images

Sponsored links
Old 07-14-2014, 10:35 AM
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPMan View Post
That is normal. The scanner does some housekeeping between CC checks. You can lengthen the time between these checks by setting a longer Site Hold time. Default of 0 will cycle about every 1.5-2 seconds.
Hello,

Thanks. Originally I thought it made no difference, but as I noted in the spreadsheet the HP1 had trouble when it came back to check the 700 Overlay site control channel. I will try a longer site hold and see if things improve on the site.

73 Eric
Old 07-14-2014, 11:10 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricCottrell View Post
Hello,

Thanks. Originally I thought it made no difference, but as I noted in the spreadsheet the HP1 had trouble when it came back to check the 700 Overlay site control channel. I will try a longer site hold and see if things improve on the site.

73 Eric
When you find that "Site Hold" setting let me know where it is as I can't seem to find it for the HP-1.

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."
Old 07-14-2014, 4:18 PM
Administrator

This thread is under strict supervision by us at the request of Paul. Any and all posts not directly related to the topic will be deleted. We've already deleted many posts and I want to reduce that number.

If you have a question it must directly involve the OP or if replying to a member's post that content must strictly involve the topic being discussed. Direct questions about other things should go via email or PM.

All rules and guidelines are covered in this forum. These are required reading for new members and all existing should follow for any updates.
Old 07-14-2014, 4:33 PM
Uniden Representative
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Ah, HP-1 doesn't have the site hold time option. Other models that do would let you change that.
Sponsored links
Old 07-14-2014, 5:09 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Ah, HP-1 doesn't have the site hold time option. Other models that do would let you change that.
Which explains why I couldn't find it.

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."
Old 07-15-2014, 4:30 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

(I looked for this thread in the Advanced Tech Topics forum first.)

2 comments about my beta experience:

1) I hope the release firmware allows saving the audio settings per P25 system.

2) Our local multisite LSM system totally evaded the beta. Not one single configuration of audio settings was able to recover any audio! Reverting to 2.05 cured that. Beware!
Old 07-16-2014, 7:45 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Auto starts at A9 -A10 seems to stay at 10 , error rate 2-14. While monitoring still getting cross talk group and voice ch hang with pops Marion RR site id 901. Best setting for me was M9 with close to 0 error rate 99# of the time.
Old 07-16-2014, 9:52 AM
Uniden Representative
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Exclamation

Focus on Mixed-Mode systems

Some issues appear to remain on Motorola P16 (analog/digital or 3600 bps control channel with all digital channels) systems, but I'd like to see some more reports. We are checking on the Grand Prairie system, but would appreciate additional field reports using the beta firmware.

Specifically, looking for apparent lost reception after some time or incorrect TG traffic appearing after some legitimate TG traffic (i.e. Channel indication doesn't change after one message and new channel traffic comes through).

Or, other effects.
Old 07-16-2014, 10:36 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I lose signal after a short time on a APCO-25 Common Air Interface Exclusive system ( not a mixed mode) as I have posted several posts back.

This system: http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=5317
Old 07-16-2014, 11:31 AM
Uniden Representative
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Were you monitoring a single site (all other sites avoided)? If not, how many other sites enabled/being scanned?
Sponsored links
Old 07-17-2014, 8:32 AM
Uniden Representative
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I think we've eliminated a lot of the issues on the P16 (mixed digital/analog or digital-only Motorola 3600) systems. Please give this update a shot. Note that this is still a beta release.

http://info.uniden.com/twiki/pub/Hom...1_V2_06_03.zip
Old 07-17-2014, 8:08 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Bell FleetNet - Ontario Provincial Government Zone 1

County: 24 counties
System Type: Motorola Type II SmartZone
System Voice: Analog and APCO-25 Common Air Interface

For the above noted system..Ver 2.06.03 so far cured the problem of the incorrect talkgroup ID ( digital voice on analog talkgroups ) ..however now there is " motorboating " and the digital voice decoding is choppy at best . I adjusted the filter settings and switched from auto to manual ..no difference
Old 07-17-2014, 8:22 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Were you monitoring a single site (all other sites avoided)? If not, how many other sites enabled/being scanned?
Single Site (Contra Costa Central). All other sites avoided. Thanks for all the work going into this. It is a great radio.

Downloaded and installed version 2.06.03 . Does the exact same thing. After a few minutes stops receiving completely.

Last edited by northzone; 07-17-2014 at 8:47 PM..
Old 07-23-2014, 7:46 AM

Upgraded to 2.06.03 recently and on the Indiana Project Hoosier Safe-T (Motorola) system (https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=933), I am experiencing odd behavior.

My HP-1 appears to be losing signal every three seconds or so. I'll go from full signal strength bars to no signal strength bars in the middle of transmissions. This happens both while mobile and while stationary.

Is there any more detailed information I can provide, or any additional troubleshooting steps I can take?

Thanks!
Old 07-23-2014, 7:46 AM

V 2.06.03 is unusable on this system.

Bucks County Trunking System, Solebury, Pennsylvania - Scanner Frequencies

During a digital transmission, about once each second, signal indicator drops to zero (no bars), audio stops, signal indicator returns to normal (4 bars), audio returns to normal, cycle repeats.

V 2.06.02 works fine except for some unwanted talk groups appearing after hold times.