Transfering files from 996t to 996xt

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike6pmnews

Premium Subscriber
If I copy a database .txt file from a bcd996t and transfer to a bcd996xt, will it work? Or do I need to do some sort of conversion?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
I'm not aware of any software that uses .txt files, but I'm not familiar with everything. What software are you talking about?

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I'm thinking ProScan may use the .txt file extension for scanner programming files it creates.

If you created your 996T files with ProScan, then you could use ProScan to program these files in your 996XT.

Also, just going through all the options, ARC XT also has a utility to open a 996T file (created with the ARC 996 program) which can be programmed to the 996XT.

Cheapest option, however, is ks3jiz's suggestion - using FreeScan.

Since the 996XT has greater "capacities" the 996T data will fit in the 996XT, but not the other way around. (You can put the contents of a quart jar in a gallon container, but not, necessarily, the gallon container in a quart jar).

PiccoIntegra

Premium Subscriber
If you created your 996T files with ProScan, then you could use ProScan to program these files in your 996XT.
If this is the case, then you have to create an empty 996XT profile and then import the 996T profile. I don't think ProScan will let you upload the T profile to an XT radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.