Question about BCD396XT Site Quick Keys

Status
Not open for further replies.

tilt404

I've searched for an answer to this in the easy to read manual and online but haven't had any luck.

For one System I have two Sites programmed for it, and I read you can assign each Site a different Quick Key number so that when scanning you can enable or disable the Sites separately within a System. This is in addition to the Quick Key number I already assigned for the System itself.

I only seem to be able to enable or disable a System or Group by using the keypad number and Function and keypad numbers. I can't figure out how to access that Quick Key for the Sites though within a trunk System?

If anyone knows what I need to press or how I do this, I would be very grateful. Thanks.

tilt404

Thank you, that makes sense. I use Butel's ARC XT Pro software so I can just adjust it in there.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I'm not using ARC-XT, but I know in FreeSCAN, if you try to assign a quick key to the trunked system, it gives you a warning message that the key entered will override the key settings for the individual sites. So, as W8RMH, don't assign a System QK, only for the sites themselves.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
The scanner itself only assigns SQK at the site level for trunked systems. So, any setting of a trunked system SQK is something the software is handling on its own, in its own way.

tilt404

The scanner itself only assigns SQK at the site level for trunked systems. So, any setting of a trunked system SQK is something the software is handling on its own, in its own way.

Thank you, Going to re-program the system now with 3 sites and see how it goes with the new info I learned here about the quick keys.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Since the scanner spends about 1.5-2 seconds per enabled site that it can receive, it can be useful to use SQK's to turn on only those sites that are best received from your location and turn off those that are further out.

tilt404

Since the scanner spends about 1.5-2 seconds per enabled site that it can receive, it can be useful to use SQK's to turn on only those sites that are best received from your location and turn off those that are further out.

Thanks, that's my intention since I'm fine with the one site here but when I go out in the county the other site is stronger, and when I use a outside antenna the 3rd site from another county comes in, so will just have the one local site enabled. Its just nice to have the other sites in there for when my needs or location changes.

tilt404

I just put in the 3 sites with the quick keys as you said and works great now. Just wanted to say I love this Uniden BCD396XT I just got also, after having the GRE PSR800. This one works so much better with the digital systems having clean and clear audio even with the stock antenna. On the GRE I had such a hard time with the audio getting garbled unless I used a outside antenna.

Status
Not open for further replies.