RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners and Receivers Forums > Uniden Forums > Uniden Owner Tech Support

Uniden Owner Tech Support For current owners to get support with their scanners from existing or past owners. If you do not own or have model experience please restrict yourself to the other sub-forums.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-03-2014, 10:53 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default BCD-396XT Encrypted Audio Ignore?

On my old GRE PSR800, It has a menu setting where you could ignore encrypted audio, or allow it so you could still hear the garbled encrypted audio and the scanner would stop on the transmission. On my Uniden 396XT I see that it always silences the audio on encrypted transmissions. That seems to let the scanner think nothing is there and it will keep scanning and not stop on it while the channel is active.

I have a large database of radio ID's I've been keeping to learn more about a certain encrypted system but since the Uniden doesn't seem to stop on encrypted TGIDs, I'm finding it hard to log the RID's. It will stop on them for a second sometimes, other times a bit longer, but not long enough usually for me to see the RIDs. (Radio IDs)

Is there any way I can set it to stay on a encrypted TGID when its active, so it behaves just like when it stops on a non-encrypted TGID? Or do I have to go into each TGID I know is encrypted and put a special delay on it? I really don't want to do that though since it will cause an unwanted delay. I just want it to stay on the TGID for as long as it is active no matter if its encrypted or not.

Maybe this is just how the scanner is made to act. In that case, no worries. I was just hoping there was some way I could make it stop on encrypted TGID's just like any other non-encrypted TGID. I don't need to hear the garbled audio but that would help since then I would know the scanner stopped on an encrypted TGID. If its silent I guess I would need to create an alert or alarm for each encrypted TGID?

Just curious since I'm still learning how this scanner acts compared to the PSR800 I had.
Sponsored links
Old 08-03-2014, 6:38 PM

If the ENC TG for ex: 2576, program it in the system it belongs , push "HOLD" and sit on it to see the RIDs .....
Old 08-03-2014, 6:42 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninJoliet View Post
If the ENC TG for ex: 2576, program it in the system it belongs , push "HOLD" and sit on it to see the RIDs .....
thanks, my trouble is before i can even press hold it moves on to search again. i already have them all programmed in for the TGID. sometimes i can press hold when it stays on it long enough but most of the time it never stops long enough for me to do so. it hold is the only option i will just keep trying. kind of hard stepping back form the GRE in some ways. but still loving this scanner.
Old 08-03-2014, 11:29 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Increase your delay setting.