436 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

de784

Feed Provider
I have had the 436 for a while now I haven't been able to figure out on thing on a multiple site system like the MD 700 if I load multiple sites in is there a way to just lock on one tower as I move through the state

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
If that is something you want to do, you can assign each site/tower to its own Quick Key. For sites/towers, their Quick Keys are at the Department Level in Sentinel.

As you move through the state, you can turn on/off the quick keys as desired.

de784

Feed Provider
Thanks so just enter each tower by it

Thanks so just enter each site in favorite list then add quick key correct

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Yes.

Start Sentinel and Edit the Favorites List containing the system.

Highlight a site, then click the Options tab in the right pane. The fourth field from the top is the Quick Key for the site. Select the desired Quick Key from the dropdown box.

Repeat the above for each site you have in the system.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
The easiest way is to connect a GPS to the scanner and then it will switch sites automatically.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I agree the "best" way to do travel scanning is to use a GPS device. The question as I understood it, was how to lock one "one" tower. With GPS, if multiple towers are in range, then all of them will be on, versus the "one".

Also, noting that each scanner listener's preferences may be different, I'm the kind who likes to listen to as many sites as I'm capable of receiving. That's because some traffic may be on a distant site (though in reception range), but not on the closest site.

Status
Not open for further replies.