Home Patrol Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junior08

Premium Subscriber
I am the new owner of a used Home Patrol 1 scanner. Spent some time with it last night. Seems to work fine but I'm banging my head trying to understand getting favorites lists set up with Sentinel software. Another time for that, though. 2 questions I need to ask. First, has anyone found an aftermarket type of desk stand for it? The stock one is good but the scanner seems to sit at a sharp angle and I was looking to have it more upright as it sits on my desk. Second, you can set the range of reception with this scanner but I use outdoor rooftop antennas on all of my scanners so does it make a difference what I actually set my range to?

Thanks for any help.

Voyager

The range doesn't affect the reception range at all. What it does is affect what channels are monitored. If your range is set to 10 miles, your scanner will monitor and channels that have a service area within 10 miles of where you are (actually the zip code base location).

For the angle, have you tried putting something behind the HP-1 at the top of the stand to increase the angle? Careful not to get it too far forward or it may fall forward.

rwier

... I was looking to have it more upright as it sits on my desk ...

I guess by "more upright" you mean something other than upright? I just looked up at one on a shelf just above my monitor and it is setting flat on the shelf without assistance (no stand). The main screen and the speaker are facing me the same as my monitor.

Junior08

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, Paul. I actually figured out (the hard way!) another way to do this but will try your method in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.