HP-1: Range on the Hp-1(Miles)

Status
Not open for further replies.

W9NES

What is the factory range that Uniden would tell me to use on the Hp-1? I am in Indianapolis, Indiana and I have it set for 12.5 miles. I am using the hp-1 mobile with a mobile scanner antenna in the middle of the trunk. I have opened the miles all the way up to 30 miles and not getting a thing. Can Uniden or Uniden Hp-1 owners help me with this.

cpfinlay

Feed Provider
Set your range back to 10 miles. Extending the range function on the HP-1 can be counter-productive, since you may be loading many more sites/talkgroups from the database to listen for... meaning you may miss what you want to hear nearby while scanning/listening to systems you are not as interested in.

Ensure that the attenuation is OFF. (top of main screen on the HP-1)

Ensure you have the desired service types selected on the HP-1 (Menu, Select Service Types)

Set your location (use GPS or Menu, Set Your Location)

Other suggestions:

To update the HomePatrol:
Install Sentinel on a PC
Connect HP-1 to the PC
In Sentinel, choose Update, Update Firmware
In Sentinel, choose Update, Update Master HPDB (database update in Sentinel)
In Sentinel, choose HomePatrol, Write to HomePatrol (this will update the DB on the HP-1)

Ensure that the system(s) you are attempting to monitor are not APCO 25 Phase 2 (would require the HP-2) or some other mode that the HP-1 cannot decode.

Ensure that the talkgroups you are monitoring are not encrypted.

For your area, it looks like this page it likely that this is the system you might want to monitor: https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=5737

Status
Not open for further replies.