Belt clip advice for BCD436HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
I have two BCD436HPs, and on one of them, the plastic around the screw where you attach the belt clip cracked and fell off. Really cheaply made plastic. Anyway, I have glued together the pieces, and hope that will hold with the screw. My question is does anyone know of a replacement for this little plastic part. Has anyone been able to find, perhaps, a similar metal piece to replace this in some hardware store.
Any advice appreciated.

Voyager

Unfortunately, no. The only real solution, and the one I chose, is to use a case that has a clip on it.

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
Sibbley: I will check that product out. The problem, however, is you don't really have a smooth back on the 436HP where the attachment should go.
Voyager: Already have two cases for 436HPs that I use. Got that covered. Sometimes, at home, though I use it without case.
Thanks guys.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I put my radio into the plastic belt clip or a metal mic hangup clip on my dash several times each day and it (the plastic pin on the back of the radio) is still like new, unlike the similar metal pin on the back of the 396, which always backed out (the screw in the middle worked its way loose). But I'm sure that doesn't help right now.

You can probably get the pin as a replacement part, or you could see if someone can get you the metal one from a 396. I have no idea if it will fit, but it's worth a try.

If you work hard enough at it, anything can break. When I used to have to support Motorola Minitor II pagers, back when Motorola started making truly nigh-indestructible equipment, the belt clips on the Minitors were considered almost consumables depending on how they got used.

Voyager

I've never had any luck with the plastic clip lasting - ever.

I too use the mic hangup clip.

And with that hanger in post 3, I wonder if the stock button would work with it.

Gcom

Uniden BCD 436 HP Belt Clip

Uniden has replaced the plastic button that attaches to the
rear of the radio with a metal one. One small problem remains , they do not have replacement screws . I have tried twice in the past year .

Voyager

I've never had the button break - only the holder. I wish they had a metal one of those, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.