436 3 line display

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitbr

Now that the analyze feature is working in the 436hp can we have a firmware update to get the 3 line display similar to the 536hp.

Please let Uniden know by posting here your interest in this being implemented.
Tim

troymail

Silent Key
Definitely would like to see some option to have larger text on the screen - between the tiny text and poor backlighting, I can barely read it at times even with my reading glasses on!

mitbr

Definitely would like to see some option to have larger text on the screen - between the tiny text and poor backlighting, I can barely read it at times even with my reading glasses on!

Yes I agree and with the problems starting to surface with the backlight dimming over time the 3 line larger font text might become essential in order to see what's going on in the screen.

I feel this should be the next priority for this model for these reasons.
Tim

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
wouldnt that loose some of the info that is currently displayed on the 436 that is NOT on the 536 (current tower for instance)

troymail

Silent Key
wouldnt that loose some of the info that is currently displayed on the 436 that is NOT on the 536 (current tower for instance)

Of course you'd lose some information in order to make room for less but larger text but it would be worth it as a user option. There are many uses where you want larger and less information. Some of the text is so small, some people can't even see it (I'm now one of those people).

The option already exists for the 536 and it can't be that hard - with all of the possible information and large display, Uniden could even offer multiple different display choices ad the user could pick the option the like the best. It's just formatting of data on the screen.

minasha

It's amazing to me that the geniuses at Uniden lacked the common sense to realize that some people would like to switch the screen to less info and larger fonts. For a $400 plus scanner it would have been nice.
I had to sell mine and buy a pro-668 which is bright enough to light a room !

mitbr

Thanks for all the replies to this folks lets keep them coming., if you want a firmware update to give us the option of 3 line display with larger font post here.
Thanks
Tim

Voyager

More options are always nice (I would suggest it be implemented ala HP-x series where you can select the font size), but keep in mind that Uniden is still playing catch up from the issues of last year.

mitbr

More options are always nice (I would suggest it be implemented ala HP-x series where you can select the font size), but keep in mind that Uniden is still playing catch up from the issues of last year.

Yea selecting font size would be nice but I would settle for 3 line display with larger font selectable like in the 536hp.
Tim

pdisher

Premium Subscriber
Screen Choice and FONT size
It would be a dream come true!

These young engineers will eventually figure out why large characters are necessary....

Status
Not open for further replies.