RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners and Receivers Forums > Uniden Forums > Uniden Prospective Owners

Uniden Prospective Owners A discussion area for those interested in purchasing specific models and have questions about them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-24-2014, 9:15 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Wish there was a HRO close
Sponsored links

Old 01-24-2014, 9:23 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingmobileaudio View Post
Real I must have over look it. I was hopping they would get them. I guess I'll have to get it online
walmart.com sells uniden scanners, and can ship them to any wal mart store, if you want to pick it up locally.. technically you would still be "buying online" though. also i doubt they will have them in stock as soon as most other scanner retailers..
Old 01-24-2014, 9:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kd7eir View Post
Nov 22nd for me. I was their first preorder. They actually called to make sure that I knew it would be a while for shipping.
Actually, there were a few of people that got their preorder in earlier, but you are still #7 in line. Pretty good considering the preorders we have for the 436HP numbers almost 70 pcs right now.

@brucewarming, your preorder with us is #20 in line.

The latest is that the handheld is to begin shipping to us sometime next week. We may have them toward the end of the week, but I can't guarantee that until I get a shipping notice from my suppliers. I should be receiving enough scanners in our initial shipment to cover any preorders made before Jan.15.

Last edited by rhaasjr; 01-24-2014 at 9:39 AM..
Old 01-24-2014, 10:10 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhaasjr View Post
Actually, there were a few of people that got their preorder in earlier, but you are still #7 in line. Pretty good considering the preorders we have for the 436HP numbers almost 70 pcs right now.

@brucewarming, your preorder with us is #20 in line.

The latest is that the handheld is to begin shipping to us sometime next week. We may have them toward the end of the week, but I can't guarantee that until I get a shipping notice from my suppliers. I should be receiving enough scanners in our initial shipment to cover any preorders made before Jan.15.
I'm glad you posted an update. With all the chatter of ditching orders and ordering from someone else, it is tempting to do the same. I already decided I can wait but it is good to hear an update from you.
Old 01-24-2014, 10:27 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Someone drew my attention to the fact that the Uniden website lists the prices for the 536 and 436 as $649.99 and $549.99 respectively.

Did they increase the MSRP ? I thought it had been $599.99 and $499.99 ?

Last edited by pratzert; 01-24-2014 at 10:58 AM..
Sponsored links
Old 01-24-2014, 10:28 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I pre-ordered a BCD536HP from Universal Radio on December 12th (upgraded from a BCD436HP hand-held)...any idea when these will actually ship?

Last edited by JamesPrine; 01-24-2014 at 10:38 AM..
Old 01-24-2014, 10:28 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

I just received the email I was waiting for, I will be picking mine up this afternoon.

Uniden BC355 in the truck, a BC350A hosting a feed a BC125AT playing several rolls, and now a BCD536HP.
Old 01-24-2014, 10:43 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Who sells the 436 and offers:

Free Shipping
No Sales Tax
30 day return policy with no re-stocking fee
And has a good reputation ?

Thanks
Old 01-24-2014, 10:50 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Location: Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very cold.

Patiently waiting on Scanner Master to receive & ship my 436hp. The latest update from them is that next Thursday will be the day it goes out the door. This is worse than being 10 years old and having to wait another week for Christmas day.

-AZ
Sponsored links
Old 01-24-2014, 10:57 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfd8e4 View Post
I just cancelled my order from Scanner Master, this should free up 2 radios for someone! Enjoy!
Was your order for the 536 or the 436 ?

Thanks
Old 01-24-2014, 11:09 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

It was 1 of each. The 536 had a tracking # and was going out today according to the email. And the 436 I think next week. I opted not to purchase now and wait to see if it is better than the HP-1 which I had and sold within months of owning.
Old 01-24-2014, 11:10 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default BCDx36HP Shipment and Sources

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymourmtn View Post
Order yesterday at 10am from Ham Station. Rec'd order confirmation within a few minutes. Ne t day UPS is for today!
Always good service

Doug
Cancelled my pre-order from Universal-Radio and ordered the BCD536HP from Ham Station on 1/22. It was shipped on 1/23, and arrived on 1/24. Great service from Dan and Jeff and they thanked me for my business! They were so nice and friendly that I ordered my BCD436HP from them also. They have earned my business from this point going forward.
Old 01-24-2014, 11:22 AM

Thumbs down

universal radio are the nastiest jerks to do buis. with. i am on the waiting list at scannermaster for my bcd436hp.

Old 01-24-2014, 11:23 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
It was 1 of each. The 536 had a tracking # and was going out today according to the email. And the 436 I think next week. I opted not to purchase now and wait to see if it is better than the HP-1 which I had and sold within months of owning.
Thanks for the info.... I just called them and they refuse to take any more orders. Sounds like they are very confused on their "count" of radios coming in and what has been pre-ordered.

Additionally, they said they no longer offer any free shipping.

So I am still in the search for one......
Old 01-24-2014, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by signal500 View Post
Cancelled my pre-order from Universal-Radio and ordered the BCD536HP from Ham Station on 1/22. It was shipped on 1/23, and arrived on 1/24. Great service from Dan and Jeff and they thanked me for my business! They were so nice and friendly that I ordered my BCD436HP from them also. They have earned my business from this point going forward.
Still no word from Scanner Master on my shipment of my first 536HP yet.

Ordered my second one from Ham Station on Wednesday and it showed up this morning using 2nd day air and its a nice gem.

I may cancel my first order with Scanner Master if it does not get shipped out today and order another one from Ham Station because they have been extremely awesome with service and shipping. Very smooth transaction. Thanks HAM STATION> Keep up the good work.
Sponsored links

Old 01-24-2014, 11:49 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I'd order a 436 from HRO if they had a better return policy.

With HRO, it's only a 10 day from the date it's shipped and a 15% re-stocking fee.

I like the Scanner Master 30 day return policy so even if I have to pay shipping, I may have to consider buying form them unless I can find another retailer who offers a 30 day return.
Old 01-24-2014, 11:52 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

It appears Ham Station is shipping orders direct from Carrolton, TX, which is Uniden HQ. I'm glad, as this will avoid the eastern snow snafu. : )
Old 01-24-2014, 12:07 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratzert View Post
Thanks for the info.... I just called them and they refuse to take any more orders. Sounds like they are very confused on their "count" of radios coming in and what has been pre-ordered.

Additionally, they said they no longer offer any free shipping.

So I am still in the search for one......
I generally do my purchases from Scanner Master and have always had good service from them. I usually do it over the internet also. I did not cancel my order due to "not having it right away" as it was shipping today, but due to the fact I had such a hatred of the HP-1 and its interface that I didn't want to have the same experience with this purchase. Reading some threads there were some known bugs and new ones that I don't want to deal with. I'll wait and see what the "test models" that are shipping are doing before I think about placing an order again. I hope you find one quick. If not I'm sure they will have more in the coming weeks. Enjoy it when you get it!
Old 01-24-2014, 12:10 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
I generally do my purchases from Scanner Master and have always had good service from them. I usually do it over the internet also. I did not cancel my order due to "not having it right away" as it was shipping today, but due to the fact I had such a hatred of the HP-1 and its interface that I didn't want to have the same experience with this purchase. Reading some threads there were some known bugs and new ones that I don't want to deal with. I'll wait and see what the "test models" that are shipping are doing before I think about placing an order again. I hope you find one quick. If not I'm sure they will have more in the coming weeks. Enjoy it when you get it!
Thanks.... I was hoping to get more performance results before I take the plunge anyway.... so maybe it will all work out.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:22 PM

Just ordered mine. Will be in on Tuesday! Said I got the last one in Stock that wasn't pre ordered!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk