BCD536HP No Longer Manufactured?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesO

:D

The FactoryOutletStore.com has nothing to do with Uniden.

They probably have bad info from when the units were recalled from distribution?

Note this clearly, Brooklyn, NY!!!!

FactoryOutletStore
34 34th St.
3rd Floor
Brooklyn, NY 11232

Also note from the website "An Independent Retails Of Consumer Products"

So I would not put a lot of stock in what they have on this website.

LIScanner101

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
For the time being I'm chalking this up to a mixup/error. No way could Uniden kill these units now.

LIScanner101

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
I just called Factory Outlet Store and spoke to customer service. According to the person I spoke to, the scanner is no longer being manufactured ACCORDING TO UNIDEN. I then politely asked for a manager who told me the same thing.

EDIT: I called back and they insist that this is accurate information.

WTF????

Last edited:

AdminLaw

On the upper left hand side of the page, in the grey bar, it says FactoryOutletStore.com is "An Independent Retailer of Consumer Products".

FactoryOutletStore.com is not owned or operated by Uniden and they are not Uniden's outlet store. They buy and resell products from various companies, of whom Uniden is one.

If you don't read something on the Uniden website, or posted by UPMan on these forums, it is probably pure speculation at best, and in this case, just plain wrong.

JamesO

Not sure why everyone is all up in arms about the comments on the FactoryOutletStore.com site.

Uniden may be out of stock as they probably make sure their distributors have stock before they list anything on their site, also most manufactures charge MSRP on their sites to protect the distributors and retails from competing against them, basically not eat their young!

So I think this is all just BS/Bad data.

So I would wait until UPMan chimes in and answers the question, could care less what some fly by night Brooklyn bogus warehouse front has to say!

Just plug the address into Google Maps and see what you are dealing with - 34 34th St. 3rd Floor Brooklyn, NY 11232!!!! Check out street view.

See for yourself, the street address/location and picture says a lot.

Borders the South Brooklyn Marine Terminal as well?

A bit sketchy if you ask me.

bearcatrp

Premium Subscriber
Something isn't right. Anyone check other sites who sell these to see what they say?

Just checked a few sites. Still for sale.

Last edited:

JamesO

We'll know Monday when Uniden opens again.

Why do you have to keep at it??

We do not need you trying to figure out if the X36HP's are no longer in production. What if you get the WRONG answer either way??? You want to be the town crier that broadcasts bad or false info?? I would not want to be in that situation. What do you gain for yourself in taking on this role for yourself and what happens if you get it wrong?? More likely you will get bad data/info than accurate data/info anyway.

Maybe you should find a hobby like gardening or run for political office.

Even if you call Uniden, do you REALLY think the Customer Service staff will be able to honestly answer the question? They will of course tell you the 3 month old scanner is still in production even if it is not! They are the LAST people to find anything out, assuming they can actually absorb and understand why they show up to work each day. These guys would also be the very last to be told their jobs were being eliminated as well if this was the case. Trust me, I have been around these environments and typical customer service staffers are not on top of the company pulse.

Leave well enough alone and UPMan can give us a real answer, but I really do not think we need an answer on this either way. I am sure these products are still being produced and readily available. There may be inventory ups and downs because of the Headphone issue and if there was a run on the first shipment. These units are selling pretty well, you may be one of the few that have not purchased a x36HP. I would say you are likely in the minority here.

Do you really think the FactoryOutletStore.com REALLY knows what is going on and they are REALLY telling the truth?? Doubt it, just look at the history of these kinds of places. Brooklyn, Warehouse District, Waterfront, do I need to say more?

I had a fun situation with one of these sketchy NY dealers/store fronts on a 65 in Plasma TV.

Customer ordered a TV from one of these outfits, had other customers order before and had good luck with the vendor. The TV arrived, opened it up and it clearly had been opened before. After a lot of research, calling the manufacturer, the TV had been sold 2 times before my customer received it!!! Was able to access the maintenance screen and found out the TV had about 130 hours on it. This was NOT a new TV.

Caught the vendor with their pants down around their ankles. The vendor was pretty good about things overall, I think they purchased a lot of goods and did not really vet the lot as we had about 4 of the same sets that are all new in the box, #5 was the exception.

We went back and forth a bit about what everyone wanted to do. Finally told my customer the vendor would have to pay to ship the 65" TV back likely would not be able to sell it in the long run. We decided to run the TV for 3 weeks and if it did not have issues to possibly keep it, but the vendor would have to take a loss on the TV. Turned out we were able to get another $400 off the TV. So a 65" 3D Plasma Smart TV shipped to the door for just over $1k and it had a few hours on it to clear any birth defects!! This was over a year ago and everything is still working as expected.

So occasionally you can have fun with these guys and get them at their own game!!

But I would not worry about Uniden no longer producing products that they released less than 3 months ago, they would have numbers in the pipeline and would expect they want to at least recoup the NRE into these before they pull the plug.

Hey, the tow trucks with 10 of these units in each truck, just 10 trucks is 100 scanners for $60k just for starters, does not include the hobbyists, Metro Traffic, Storm Chasers, News Crews, Public Safety and so on. There is a pretty good market out there.

So unless there is something brewing in the back office, Uniden has been around since 1966 and is probably not going to collapse anytime soon or cancel production on a 3 month old product.

We shall see.

forums manager

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Come on guys, it's just a mis-informed vendor.

Please move along. No need for FUD.

Status
Not open for further replies.