? About The BCD325p2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
1st ? What is the output D/C voltage for the USB adaptor that you have to buy separately for this scanner,2nd ? Can you power this scanner only using the USB adapter,I would much rather power using A/C adapter and only use the battery's in case of emergency.Thanks in advance

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
1st ? What is the output D/C voltage for the USB adaptor that you have to buy separately for this scanner,2nd ? Can you power this scanner only using the USB adapter,I would much rather power using A/C adapter and only use the battery's in case of emergency.Thanks in advance
As UPMan noted, the 'voltage needed' is the standard 5Volts, 500ma current that is the spec for USB. You can find adapters that meet that requirement literally everywhere, from Amazon to Best Buy, Office Depot, etc. Just get an adapter that allows you to plug in the USB cable that comes with the scanner. The reason I note that is that many cell phones and tablets that charge via a USB cable have a 'micro-USB' connection on the device. The 325P2 uses a 'mini-USB' end. Cables and a charger (if you wanted a extra, or longer, cable) would likely cost you less than 10 bucks if you look around.

You can operate the scanner just off the USB adapter. It will only charge the batteries if the adapter/charger is connected and the scanner is turned off. It will not charge the batteries while also scanning.

Status
Not open for further replies.