HP-2: Uniden.FactoryOutletStore.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

W8DSN

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have experience purchasing from Uniden.FactoryOutletStore.com? I purchased an HP2 on a Thursday morning and paid $3.95 for priority shipping, which they describe as getting to your order ahead of the general stack of orders. After 2 days, no tracking number and now it is the weekend. The customer service person said he was in New York, but it felt like an overseas conversation. He said the tracking number would come Monday. Other than that, no explanation would be given for the lack of a tracking number two days after they billed my credit card. Have I been had. Thank God I used an Amex card!

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have experience purchasing from Uniden.FactoryOutletStore.com? I purchased an HP2 on a Thursday morning and paid $3.95 for priority shipping, which they describe as getting to your order ahead of the general stack of orders. After 2 days, no tracking number and now it is the weekend. The customer service person said he was in New York, but it felt like an overseas conversation. He said the tracking number would come Monday. Other than that, no explanation would be given for the lack of a tracking number two days after they billed my credit card. Have I been had. Thank God I used an Amex card!

Here's some reviews on that site.

FactoryOutletStore.com Reviews - factoryoutletstore.com/ Ratings at ResellerRatings

In case you are not aware, they are not part of Uniden America. This is Uniden's site.

https://www.uniden.com/radio-scanners

W8DSN

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for the link.

Here's some reviews on that site.

FactoryOutletStore.com Reviews - factoryoutletstore.com/ Ratings at ResellerRatings

In case you are not aware, they are not part of Uniden America. This is Uniden's site.

https://www.uniden.com/radio-scanners

I should have purchased from a reputable ham radio retailer. It would have probably split the difference in cost between Uniden directly and the questionable online outfits. But, like I said, Amex has my back. ;) Thanks again.

marshall58

Bought several things from them with no problems. All my stuff came on a timely manner and were as advertised. And they are not part of Uniden, they are a outlet for many other brands also. My big items from them was a 996XT and a 536HP. Bought a 996P2 from Ham Radio Outlet with good service also.

W8DSN

Premium Subscriber
Bought several things from them with no problems. All my stuff came on a timely manner and were as advertised. And they are not part of Uniden, they are a outlet for many other brands also. My big items from them was a 996XT and a 536HP. Bought a 996P2 from Ham Radio Outlet with good service also.

Hey, thanks. I'm glad to hear you had good experiences with them.

In my area, R & L Electronics and DX Engineering are very fast and very reliable, but scanner radios are a little out of their product lines.

Thank you for the input, I'll rest easier. 73, Dave

SCPD

QRT
I purchased an HP2 on a Thursday morning and paid $3.95 for priority shipping ...

I just paid $302 extra (compared to the US price) for exchange / shipping of my scanner to get it here in Canada. I think you have little to complain about.

Last edited:

W8DSN

Premium Subscriber
LMAO ... I just paid $302 extra (compared to the US price) for exchange / shipping of my scanner to get it here in Canada. I think you have little to complain about.

I sell products to Canadian customers daily. I am well aware of the taxation and paperwork and bureaucracy that your government puts on your merchants for doing business with the U.S. If I had my way, both of our countries would be enjoying unfettered trade, but I'm just one vote which counts only in one State and in one country.

By the way, both of my sons-in-law are Canadian and are residing here in the States. They are very proud of their country. Great guys. One from Ontario, one from NB.

I hope you enjoy your scanner!

Dave

SCPD

QRT
I sell products to Canadian customers daily. I am well aware of the taxation and paperwork and bureaucracy that your government puts on your merchants for doing business with the U.S. If I had my way, both of our countries would be enjoying unfettered trade, but I'm just one vote which counts only in one State and in one country.

By the way, both of my sons-in-law are Canadian and are residing here in the States. They are very proud of their country. Great guys. One from Ontario, one from NB.

I hope you enjoy your scanner!

Dave

Because you know where Canada is, you get bonus points and no lmao. Thank God for Mexico or else there would be a fence between our countries.

Back to regular programming .. you will love your HP2, it is a great scanner.

Voyager

I purchased an HP2 on a Thursday morning and paid $3.95 for priority shipping, which they describe as getting to your order ahead of the general stack of orders. After 2 days, no tracking number and now it is the weekend.

Wow. $3.95 to process your order ahead of someone else's.
I wish I could do that AND be able to sleep at night.

That should have been a big red flag.

W8DSN

Premium Subscriber

Their advertised price was quid low. Lesson learned.

It was odd to say the least, but there it was. It was to be same day processing compared to a few days to a week kind of thing, so I took the bait.

I'm asked to do break-In orders for customers offering several hundred dollars in my industry, but I don't accept it. It's kind of like those amusemant park passes where you pay extra to go to the head of the line. Everyone hates those folks. 😀 Plus it never seems to work out as promised and everyone is disappointed.

To quote Weezed, "Everything will be alright in the end."

-Dave

Voyager

It was to be same day processing

It may have been. Same day processing is not the same as same day shipping. After all,
you said the CC charge showed up the same day, right? Your order was "processed". :D

W8DSN

Premium Subscriber

It also means, as I understood it, that the order goes to the standard UPS Shipping bin as compared to the "free shipping" bin which is up to the warehouse's discretion which is generally flat rate shipping snail mail with limited tracking, so I would gladly pay $4.00 to keep it out of the USPS pile, and would sleep soundly to do that again. I know from whence I speak regarding USPS.

It will come or else FedEx will debit their account. I've done that before with a lemon refrigerator.

Cheers.

Voyager

That's my point. Many people see "priority shipping" and think Priority Mail which is not the same thing. Combined with the "processing" issue (what you or I call processing and what they call it may not be the same thing), and that smells of shady tactics. And because there is no legal backing of our views (nothing that says processing means shipping), they are not guilty of anything.

That's the mark of a good salesman, but not a good human being. Ranks right up there with the competitor who sold a county a new radio system because they said the FCC was canceling their Low Band license due to the narrowbanding requirement. We shows them the FCC's narrowbanding requirements which made no mention of the Low Band frequency range, but they were too scared to "risk" that we were right.

W8DSN

Premium Subscriber
I too have ordered from them and had no problems

Thanks, I'm sure I just got a little ahead of myself. I'm used to dealing with two radio retailers down in Ohio which send tracking very rapidly and the product is delivered the following day. Guess I had the bar set too high.

I'll report how it turns out.

-Dave

W8DSN

Premium Subscriber
Thanks everyone!

Thanks everyone for your input. I get the sense that all will be fine. I look forward to further discussions on other threads regarding scanner frequencies, software, equipment, and tips.

If anything should go wrong with the above mentioned merchant, I'll let everyone know.

73, Dave

seth21w

I just ordered a 436hp for 369 and I called uniden directly before hand and uniden said yes they are a distributor! Udn.factory outlet.com, uniden will honor the 1 year warranty.

W8DSN

Premium Subscriber
Home patrol ii received - windshield mount backordered

I did receive the Home Patrol II on 08/27/2015. The FactoryOutletStore shipped the 3rd day after I placed the order. It came in via UPS and was packaged nicely.

What never occured to me is that the Home Patrol II doesn't have a limit search feature, at least not without purchasing their Extreme Upgrade.

For me, a casual scanner user, there is a lot to like about the Home Patrol II, not the least of which is the visual aspect of seeing who's transmitting what the scanner is receiving.

I would like to have been able to load my local ham frequencies into it. If anyone has a tip on how to get that done, I would appreciate it. I do have the software downloaded.

Cheers,

-Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.