Awaiting Amazon 436

Status
Not open for further replies.

safetypro79

Scanning since 1967
Premium Subscriber
Anchorage-Alaska, Boise-Idaho, Salem-Oregon
I ordered a new 436 from Amazon. It is scheduled to arrive Thursday.

Hopefully it will not be a " recycled" unit i.e. a returned from for a reason, like some have gotten in the past nor will it be one with the LCD/clock issues.

**I will advise the forum on its arrival and serial number whatever the outcome is.

safetypro79

Scanning since 1967
Premium Subscriber
Anchorage-Alaska, Boise-Idaho, Salem-Oregon
Thanks have a perfect antenna

W801. Worked perfect on my 651 expect preformance will be same on 436.

Just needed the BNC/SMA adaptor on the 651 but the 436 is SMA suspect using the adaptor did not affect preformance.

ShyFlyer

Premium Subscriber
I just purchased a 436HP from Amazon last week. 5800 series serial number. Didn't appear to be a "recycled" unit. Appears to have the new screen.

K3RBP

Premium Subscriber
I just purchased a 436HP from Amazon last week. 5800 series serial number. Didn't appear to be a "recycled" unit. Appears to have the new screen.

I am also interested in how the new screen appears different from the originals. More details, please.

Voyager

I am also interested in how the new screen appears different from the originals. More details, please.

From the pics I've seen, it's not easy to tell, but reports are if the screen has a yellowish tint, it's new. If it has a bluish tint, it's older.

Serial numbers are yet to be determined, but the 436 cutoff may be around 376Z580039xx

ShyFlyer

Premium Subscriber
As far as how to tell if a device is "new" or "recycled/refurbished," it's kinda difficult to tell. That's why I said it didn't appear to be "recycled." When I un-boxed my scanner, all accessories were included, packed very neatly, and wrapped in original plastic and the screen protector sheet was on the display.

Now I realize that's not definitive proof, but I'm leaning towards my scanner being a factory new device.

From the pics I've seen, it's not easy to tell, but reports are if the screen has a yellowish tint, it's new. If it has a bluish tint, it's older.

Serial numbers are yet to be determined, but the 436 cutoff may be around 376Z580039xx

Just got mine from Amazon at and it is ...580065xx

New display.

Status
Not open for further replies.