Given the choice where would you buy your new Uniden BCD536HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

R8000

Low Battery
Premium Subscriber
Your local ham radio store. Shop local when you can is my motto.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Thread moved.

Please note that Uniden questions belong in the Uniden forum not General Scanning.

Thanks.

hydrasports

Just make sure its sold by Amazon and not a Amazon marketplace seller. Will say "Ships from and sold by Amazon.com" below the price.

Walmart also sells them. Be easy to return if there's a problem. About 3 bucks higher though https://www.walmart.com/ip/Uniden-B...ies-Digital-Mobile-Scanner-with-WiFi/38582257

Good tip, I looked it up and they are all sold by third party. If I can't find a good local hobby dealer in my area I will most likely go with ScannerMaster.

scannersnstuff

i've always been pretty satisfied with scannermaster. just have them price match the lowest dealer price. i don't think they will do amazon though.

ShyFlyer

Premium Subscriber
Good tip, I looked it up and they are all sold by third party. If I can't find a good local hobby dealer in my area I will most likely go with ScannerMaster.

You should check again:

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    23.3 KB · Views: 489

Nasby

Any place BUT Amazon. Too many scammers, switched/refurbished items.

Sure, you will get your money back but the hassle factor is high.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Not an issue if you buy from Amazon rather than a 3rd-party seller renting space in their storefront. Been an Amazon customer for nearly 15 years.

dcisive

Another thing I'm very involved with is Photography. I've read far too many that ordered cameras and lenses from Amazon that got items that were clearly previously opened or worse yet used then sent back and resent out as new. I want NO part of that type of vendor possibility. In my case it's either from the manufacturer to the distributor then to ME directly with NOBODY touching it period. An unopened box is the ONLY box I would accept. What's the guarantee Amazon won't do this with scanners as they have with their camera gear?

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
Any place BUT Amazon. Too many scammers, switched/refurbished items.

Sure, you will get your money back but the hassle factor is high.

If you buy from Amazon direct and not a vendor, there is no hassle on returns. My wife and I have returned many items purchased "sold and shipped" by Amazon and returns were never a hassle. More often than not, the money is returned as soon as the item being returned is dropped or picked up by UPS.

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
Another thing I'm very involved with is Photography. I've read far too many that ordered cameras and lenses from Amazon that got items that were clearly previously opened or worse yet used then sent back and resent out as new. I want NO part of that type of vendor possibility. In my case it's either from the manufacturer to the distributor then to ME directly with NOBODY touching it period. An unopened box is the ONLY box I would accept. What's the guarantee Amazon won't do this with scanners as they have with their camera gear?

As long as the item is "sold by and shipped" by Amazon there should not be an issue. If you do choose to return the item, Amazon will refund your money without issue. You need to remember, not all items on Amazon are "sold by and shipped by" Amazon. There are many vendors. Many of the derogatory reviews I have read about opened boxes or simply the wrong item have been sold by vendors, not Amazon.

Not saying it will never happen, just chances are 99.9% that it will not happen. I've been buying from Amazon for years. I always make sure large dollar purchases are sold by and shipped by Amazon. Never had any of these issues. I've also bought many accessories for my camera including lenses and filters.

Status
Not open for further replies.