BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Going to buy soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluesfan

Going to buy a NEW BCD436HP soon. I've been through the forums and got a lot of useful information. With the new Uniden coming out what do I still need to know about the 436hp before I buy it? Also, after the new has worn off, I will probably buy the NEXT best scanner. I just want new now!
What say you ?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
If there are a lot of simulcast systems in your area, I would wait for the SDS100. But if not, the 436 is an excellent choice.

CQ

How Soon Is Now?

Amazon has the best price today on a new BCD436HP for 417. Uniden's site shows out of stock but that doesn't necessarily mean they're not going to restock.

You can watch pricing, but it may start to go up if supply becomes limited; the price above is pretty good too. If you want DMR (60), ProVoice (50) or NXDN (currently 30), you'll shell out an extra 140 for a total of 557 today.

The SDS100 is expected to come out the gate at around 700 plus any upgrades they may sell separately. You still have until June 30 before Q2 ends, but release dates can slip.

Bluesfan

There is a lot of simulcast here (Independence MO 64052) but I know there I a lot that I am missing. At the moment I use broadcastify and a pro528. Everything on the 528 is manual entry, not that big a deal I guess but.....just time to upgrade.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Just purchased a brand new 436HP AND a 536HP at terrific prices! They are both working perfectly for me. It's a gamble how well they will work for others in a simulcast environment. I'm one of the lucky ones. It wasn't always that way. Someone tweaked something several years ago and it just started working great!

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
Just purchased a brand new 436HP AND a 536HP at terrific prices! They are both working perfectly for me. It's a gamble how well they will work for others in a simulcast environment. I'm one of the lucky ones. It wasn't always that way. Someone tweaked something several years ago and it just started working great!

"Tweaked" = it actually works now!

Those are excellent scanners.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
"Tweaked" = it actually works now!

Those are excellent scanners.

I'm not talking about Uniden tweaking. The radio engineers tweaked something within the 9 tower sites. I thought it had something to do with timing and synchronization, but I'm not certain. It improve for Radio Shack/GRE scanners at the same time.

scannersnstuff

I have nothing to gain by saying this, I'm just bluntly honest. I have a bcd436hp for sale in classified's. While I highly like it, I would just wait to see what the sds100 is all about. I honestly just want to sell it, and go with another bcd325p2. Just my .02 cent's.

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
I have nothing to gain by saying this, I'm just bluntly honest. I have a bcd436hp for sale in classified's. While I highly like it, I would just wait to see what the sds100 is all about. I honestly just want to sell it, and go with another bcd325p2. Just my .02 cent's.

What did you not like about the BCD436HP?

npd155

I'm interested in purchasing the 536hp however with the SDS100 coming out I'm interested to know if there will be a new base / mobile coming behind it. If that were the case I would be a little upset purchasing the 536. I just have to wait and see...

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
You'll find out the same time as the rest of us if/when Uniden announces it.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
A couple of months ago Upman was in town for a trade show. He and I got together one evening to do a real life comparison between the SDS100 and my 436 on our local simulcast system, which can be challenging.

I was very impressed by how much better the SDS100 performs. It didn't have nearly the simulcast distortion and it was receiving at distances farther than I expected it to.

If my 436 was to be dropped out of a 10 story window, I'd wait to get the SDS100 rather than get another 436.

I_am_Alpha1

There is a lot of simulcast here (Independence MO 64052) but I know there I a lot that I am missing. At the moment I use broadcastify and a pro528. Everything on the 528 is manual entry, not that big a deal I guess but.....just time to upgrade.

Consider buying one of the many XTL5000s on E-Bay for less money than the 436. Let the SDS100 rollout and wait a few months to see what happens and how it performs. Then, if the reviews meet your expectations, spend the big bucks.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Yay, says in stock! :-D

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-05-16 at 5.06.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-16 at 5.06.24 PM.png
    31.8 KB · Views: 179
Status
Not open for further replies.