RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners, Receivers and Related Equipment Forums > Uniden Forums > Uniden Prospective Owners

Uniden Prospective Owners - A discussion area for those interested in purchasing specific models and have questions about them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-15-2018, 6:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allend View Post
You are a smart man. The majority of the people that have been thru this frustration and stepped up the game and bought Moto Gear. The cost is higher of course but its another tool that you add to your toolbox. You have your scanner to do certain functions and surrender to its limitations and use your Moto Radio for other systems that require commerical grade equipment. Good Luck
But the problem is you need a system key file and setting up the radio to not auto-affiliate/login/register really limits how much you can get out of the radio.
Old 06-16-2018, 1:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeboys-Scanna View Post
But the problem is you need a system key file and setting up the radio to not auto-affiliate/login/register really limits how much you can get out of the radio.
I completely agree. Yes you will be limited but its a give and take situation. You will be able track the system properly and will be limited to 16 channels on a zone and limited to 1 band but it will be perfection.

But it seems like in the AZ area you will need a commercial grade radio for the trunked radio system and the SDS-100 or any other Uniden radio for the rest of the VHF and UHF conventional stuff as well as Aviation too.

It all depends on how far you want to take your hobby and how much money you want to invest. We all strive for perfection with our radios and its just not the case sometimes to have everything work a 100 percent to our satisfaction. More tools to the tool shed make the job always easier.
Old 06-16-2018, 5:51 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Syatem hold time is under system options. It's the amount of time the scanner will hold the CC without performing a house cleaning cycle.

As for antenna, I've had extended range of 5+ miles with my Tram Tri-Band mini mount in the 700-800MHz band and 10+ miles on VHF and Air AM bands.

Houk
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob-k View Post
Hold time as in delay which by default is 2 seconds or delay waiting time defaults at 400ms? Or something different and how to do so on Sentinel/Scanner itself and what might my expectations be if I do it. The Phoenix seems very knowledgeable, so I ask if another then Unidens antenna would yield better results?
Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk