SDS100/SDS200: Cell Site Interference vs Other Scanners

Status
Not open for further replies.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
So has anyone tested this out? Is the SDS100 better, worse, or the same when it comes to cell tower overload in the 700/800mhz range than say the BCD436HP?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I live right next to a cell tower, and haven't had any issues with it.

KB7MIB

Verizon cell towers in Arizona use the 700 MHz band, and reception across the 700/800 MHz range is completely wiped out within several hundred yards (maybe as much as a quarter of a mile) of these towers.
My PSR-500 is useless across this range when near a Verizon tower here. I'm curious myself as to whether or not an SDS-100 would fare any better.

John
Peoria, AZ

kb8rvp

I live by a cell tower that has multi-cell providers on the tower and it wipes out all of my previous scanners. I now have the SDS-100 so I'll drive by to see how it does and let you know.

Mike

KR7CQ

Premium Subscriber
Verizon cell towers in Arizona use the 700 MHz band, and reception across the 700/800 MHz range is completely wiped out within several hundred yards (maybe as much as a quarter of a mile) of these towers.
My PSR-500 is useless across this range when near a Verizon tower here. I'm curious myself as to whether or not an SDS-100 would fare any better.

John
Peoria, AZ

Yeah. When in the valley, Verizon sites wipe out any device I've tried, scanners, Unication, doesn't matter. 100-300 yards and you are done. You might get bits and pieces, and noises, but that's it. I haven't tested Motorola gear, but I'm assuming (and hoping) that professional gear doesn't have these issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.