Mobile version of the SDS-100?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phillydjdan

Searched without any luck. Is there a mobile version of the SDS-100 or will there be soon?

Tramagod

Searched without any luck. Is there a mobile version of the SDS-100 or will there be soon?

No there isn’t, nor have there been any announcements by Uniden in regards to development of one. However, the 536HP came out about a year after the 436HP if my memory serves me correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

allend

Premium Subscriber
No there isn’t, nor have there been any announcements by Uniden in regards to development of one. However, the 536HP came out about a year after the 436HP if my memory serves me correctly.

Both models were released at the same time.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
If you have a link to support that I’d
love to see it. I bought both models upon their availability and the 536 came after the 436.

Look in the wiki here, UPMan announces both models in a youtube video amongst other methods. Back around Nov 2013 I believe.
And we all know Uniden does not announce anything until very near release so these unboxing and announcement videos are as good of proof as anything that both were released about the same time.
I myself think the 536 was available shortly before the 436 was but not by much more than a week or two.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
However, the 536HP came out about a year after the 436HP if my memory serves me correctly.

According to posts in the Uniden forum, one of the first shipments for the 536 was 4 days before the 436.

This post shows a member receiving his 436 on 1/27/14:

https://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-thread-archives/282658-bcd436hp-post-release.html#post2115348

and this post shows a member receiving his 536 on 1/23/14:

https://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-thread-archives/282208-bcd536hp-post-release-thread.html#post2111986

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber

There was only a possible hint at an SDS200 when Uniden released the protocol documents for the SDS100.

On page 4 of the PDF for the Remote Command Specification, when a "Get Model Info" query is sent to the scanner (MDL), the 2 possibilities for the return value [MODEL_NAME] are listed as "SDS100" or "SDS200".

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
I think that configuration died with the intro of the X36 series, but who knows?

Very few people don't like the HP2 for what it was supposed to do. I still use my 2 and my daughter monitors air frequencies with my 1. Maybe sometime during my lifetime they'll use the SDS100 electronics in an HP2 doppelganger.

CanesFan95

If they could just finish fixing the bugs on the portable first before they bother with a mobile.....

3King

Premium Subscriber
I can tell you from my source that works with uniden that there is already a mobile version of the sds 100 in the works. No release date has been decided. This is still a ways out.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I can tell you from my source that works with uniden that there is already a mobile version of the sds 100 in the works. No release date has been decided. This is still a ways out.

Nothing against you personally, but...… As has always been the case, unverifiable "sources" have absolutely no credibility on forums such as this one.

Those really "in the know" never say, and those that say, never really know.

Tramagod

Nothing against you personally, but...… As has always been the case, unverifiable "sources" have absolutely no credibility on forums such as this one.

Those really "in the know" never say, and those that say, never really know.

Here here, well said.

hardsuit

Vrigo Super Cluster, Milky Way Galaxy, Sagatarious
phillydjdan - not very Likeley, Whistler TRX-100 Handheld and TRX-200 Mobile will be out in Q1 2019, months before UNIDEN can deploy a Mobile Version of the SDS100, and the TRX-200 will decode NXDN and DMR completely for FREE. with Uniden you are still stuck behind a PAYWALL for feature the Radio has natively , its just LOCKED OUT until YOU pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.