BC246T Rebanding Update Available (v2.60.00)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkWestin

Install_BC_VUP_v2.0.0.6.exe

I'm having an odd problem. I downloaded the updater and the firmware from the links in your mediawiki page. When I try to install the updater, it installs version 2.0.0.3. I searched my system and deleted the .msi file for the version 2.0.0.3 installer, but the "2.0.0.6" installer actually installs 2.0.0.3. (?) I'm not sure how to proceed.

Mark

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Hmmm. I don't know what would cause that, either. However, the update is installable with 2.0.0.3, too.

UPDATE

Make sure you delete any copies of the "BCSS" directory before installing. In some cases, the computer will use an old copy of the installer if that directory is there.

Last edited:

ME343

ME/NH/VT DB Admin
Database Admin
Upman i am looking and it only shows DND and the rabanding support but nothing about the
RSSI Reporting Improvements. Is that included but not listed

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
It is listed and included. There are no instructions for RSSI (it just improves an existing function).

UPDATE
Sorry, I got my threads confused. RSSI improvement is not included in this update (the BC246T's hardware doesn't support it). That is why it isn't in the release notes.

Last edited:

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Update applied to my 246t...no issues and it was very easy :cool:
Marshall KE4ZNR

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Well, color me confused. There are no references to RSSI in either the BC246T update 2.60 release notes or the BC246T serial protocol reference.

Sorry, Slicer, I had my threads confused. I've amended my previous answer...no RSSI in the BC246T (the hardware doesn't support it).

peepoop

Premium Member
Went smoothly for me.

The copyright notice on bootup still says 2004 though.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Most of the code is from 2004...so we can claim copyright protection back to then.

For developers, I just attached the revised Remote Control spec to the release notes.

ME343

ME/NH/VT DB Admin
Database Admin
Sorry, Slicer, I had my threads confused. I've amended my previous answer...no RSSI in the BC246T (the hardware doesn't support it).
thanks Upman for the info but how come it said it was included in the email sent back in august

CLTX11

Got everything squared away as well without any problems.

Yes the DND CC is something that will help out, I hated using CC-Scan because you would miss address's etc.

Thanks for the heads up on the update!

w9zro

Premium Subscriber
is it normal to have to delete and reprogram a system to take the custom tables or can you just modify it??? Askin cause I really dont want to enter everything by hand AGAIN :D:D:D:D
thanks in advance

W9ZRO

Status
Not open for further replies.