UPMan, a 396xt question please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tampatracker

I just returned from NYC my hometown and the 396xt performed flawlessly whether in the subway or on top of a skyscraper. My question is after installing the latest firmware update V1 007 does this mean that one can only program control channels in the radio now, or what? I'm not sure I understand this part of the update. Can you clarify please? Thank you.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
You only needed to program control channels before. This took out a useless option that required you to enter all frequencies but otherwise saved you from having the scanner jump to an incorrect frequency (which might happen 1 in 10,000 jumps and is detected anyway by carrier squelch and LSD).

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
You can enter them. It won't affect how the scanner behaves.

What is no longer available is the option to have the scanner do a (fairly useless) check of its voice channel frequency calculation against entered voice channel frequencies before actually going to a voice channel.

SCOTTER

Will doing the update help the scanner peform better over just staying with the current firmware and setting it to CC only with just the CC programed in ?

Status
Not open for further replies.