Not open for further replies.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Group XT.jpg

View attachment 15X Display.bmp

Box Front.jpg

Box Rear.jpg

I put the BC346XT in for comparison to the BCT15X.

As you can see the display is about the same in intensity. Both radios are similar in functions, with exception of the 15X including the mil-air band, pre-loaded State frequencies, and BearTracker of course.

It works well with FreeSCAN, thanks to Assif for adding the model to his fine program.

radiopro52

How does the radio perform? Does it receive well or overload? I would assume it would perform at least as good or equal as the BCT15.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Actually it appears to be on par with the BCD996XT on receive and overload. Taking advantage of the temperature inversion skip from Chicago. It's performing well with the constant activity on frequency.

jimg

Premium Subscriber
What is the antenna you have on the BC346XT and what frequencies does it receive?

View attachment 24863

View attachment 24864

View attachment 24865

View attachment 24866

I put the BC346XT in for comparison to the BCT15X.

As you can see the display is about the same in intensity. Both radios are similar in functions, with exception of the 15X including the mil-air band, pre-loaded State frequencies, and BearTracker of course.

It works well with FreeSCAN, thanks to Assif for adding the model to his fine program.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Is that bandscope you are using there? How is that working out?

Manny

Hi Manny,

Yes, the Bandscope is a cool feature. Took me a little time to get used to using it because the button/function presses are a little different on the handheld vs. the base/mobile XT models, but it works great. I wish the BR330T had this feature that would be great with the wide-band frequency coverage, but it works well on the BC346XT too.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
What is the antenna you have on the BC346XT and what frequencies does it receive?

On the base I run the Antennacraft Scantenna or Diamond Discone, low loss RG cable switched through a [FONT=VERDANA, HELVETICA, ARIAL]Stridsberg Multicoupler [/FONT][FONT=VERDANA, HELVETICA, ARIAL]MCA204[/FONT] in the attic protected from the extreme elements.

The BCT15X is performing well on selectivity and sensitivity. I have not had any problems with overloading so far. Still trying to catch something in the Mil-Air band (not too much due to holiday activity) , but so far the civil aviation band Victor is VFR.

The antenna on the BC346XT is the RadioShack 800MHz antenna mounted shimmed with large "O" rings, and heat-shrunk on the provided BNC to SMA adapter.

The BCT15X frequency coverage can be found here: http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/BCT15X#Frequency_Coverage
BC346XT frequency coverage is here: http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/BC346XT#Frequency_Coverage

Last edited:

mrkelso

Mine came in from Scanner Master today. When i set it up and turned it on it was scanning Alabama and i had a bit of a reading and learning curve to get it to New Jersey and then program it up. Freescan and Proscan work fine In Proscan just set it to BCT15 for now. The next update may have the 15X

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Mine came in from Scanner Master today. When i set it up and turned it on it was scanning Alabama and i had a bit of a reading and learning curve to get it to New Jersey and then program it up. Freescan and Proscan work fine In Proscan just set it to BCT15 for now. The next update may have the 15X

If you will be downloading or uploading using ProScan, I would set the scanner type to BC346XT and check the option "Bypass Scanner Type Check Download & Upload"

mrkelso

If you will be downloading or uploading using ProScan, I would set the scanner type to BC346XT and check the option "Bypass Scanner Type Check Download & Upload"

Ok Thanks, so it's the same as for the 996XT for now then.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Great report on the BC15X "Dave", wonder how the "Custom Search" works on rebanded systemsHAHA!, just had to throw that in...I should sell my 898XT and buy the BC15X as i have no idea how to download the new ver: for rebanding in the 898...Your collection of scanning equipment must be really fantastic....My 346XT works perfect except on that one CC of my city-852.7875, looks like thats Motorola freqy #136 of there new rebanded scheme, two other 346XT owners here in Joliet have the same problem on this freqy....Ron in Joliet.....

Racenut

Anyone know if there is a printable manual anywhere for this scanner? The disk and online versions are in a wierd outline format . It would take a week to print it. Also, It came with a serial cable but my computer doesnt have that port. Any other options out there for that?

thanks

rvictor

Also, It came with a serial cable but my computer doesnt have that port. Any other options out there for that?

thanks

You can either buy a serial to USB adapter, buy the Uniden USB-1 cable which contains such an adapter built-in, or add a serial port card to your computer.

Dick

Mikejo

Premium Subscriber
Flash the BCT15 with the BCT15X Firmware?

Just wondering if the main difference is in the software, not the hardware?

Status
Not open for further replies.