Unit ID's (UIDs or RIDs): Posting Guidelines

Status
Not open for further replies.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Modified from the original thread in the GRE forum..thanks KD4YGG!

With the release of the new Uniden Firmware updates for the XT line of radios comes a reminder...

The database will not be updated with individual radio IDs.
Use the Wiki for posting radio ID ranges.

Do NOT post person-specific information as outlined below:
ACCEPTABLE EXAMPLE: RID = 12345, USER = UNIT 79-25
UNACCEPTABLE EXAMPLE: RID = 12345, USER = Capt. John Q Public

Vehicle radios (ie fire trucks) and dispatch console radio IDs tend to remain constant. Most portables don't due to them changing hands every shift, as do some vehicle assignments (ie car 54 on 1st shift is unit 58, and on 2nd shift it's 68 although the radio ID stays the same).

Some Radio ID's appear in logical order, as outlined in the following example:
VFD Unit 100, Radio ID = 50100
VFD Unit 101, Radio ID = 50101
VFD Unit 199, Radio ID = 50199

Some do not...

Thanks for being a part of Radioreference.com!
Happy Monitoring!
Marshall KE4ZNR

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
(ahem) This should be in the wiki forum, yes?

I see that there is a RID category someone already set up for this. I need to do a little cleanup here, but that I should be able to do late tomorrow sometime. We may also need a separate UID category, but let's see where this goes first. I know the Saskatchewan P25 article already has some RID/UID stuff; I don't know of other places in the wiki that has this now, but it's entirely possible there may be more.

I can't stress this enough - please, no personal information of any kind is to be put into the wiki. That means no person's name, phone number, address and so forth. Any such information spotted there will be removed without comment, as per the message of the other day.

In addition, I'd strongly suggest that if the trunking system being tracked has an article already in the collaboration area for that state, that the RID/UID lists be attached to that, since they are logically linked to one another. If one does not exist, please consider building one. Constructing a baseline article is quite easy, and anyone needing help can email me and I'll walk you through it. Making it a standalone article without a point of reference is going to eventually lead to confusion (the obvious question: to which system do these RIDs belong?)

73 Mike

Last edited:

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
(ahem) This should be in the wiki forum, yes?
73 Mike

Hey Mike!
Hope all is well!
A version can also be added to the Wiki forum as well but considering the question of UIDs/RIDs in the database came up in this forum not 30 mins after the new firmware was released I think it would help out to have this copy here for awhile until people get used to having the UID feature :)
Of course the main goal is to help prevent the question of whether or not UIDs/RIDs will show up in the database.
Happy Monitoring!
Marshall KE4ZNR

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
OK Point taken Marshall. However, if there are wiki-related questions regarding building RID/UID articles, please post them there. This sort of question is part of what the forum is for. It's definitely OT in the Uniden forum.

73 and thanks Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.