Trunking: Maybe an Example would help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marc-robert

From reading all I could, it seems I’m not the only one who has found the Uniden BCT15x a most frustrating piece of software insanity. I thought I was on the road to at least getting a clearer picture of it when I started to use FREESCAN. Straight Simplex & Duplex programming is not a problem; however living in San Diego requires that I program it with the latest San Diego Trunking data that Radio Reference provides for both Police & Fire:

San Diego City 800MHz Trunking System, San Diego, California - Scanner Frequencies

I once thought I was clever enough to figure this out; however there just doesn’t seem to be any intuitive method as to how the boxes should be filled with the data. And the local message boards here have very little activity unfortunately, and I don’t know if this primer that I found is still relevant as it may be outdated.

San Diego Scanning Primer

If any of you have a moment or two and wish to assist, I will be forever grateful….. I’m thinking if I can get from someone at least a few boxes filled out with the data from RR, then I can take it the rest of the way. Even better if there is a fellow San Dieagan who knows this Trunking system and can shoot me the FREESCAN data of known system activity….. Thanks for any help you can offer… Cheers! And I am paying to reserve a special place in HELL for the Uniden Team that developed the software for this…

W6KRU

Here you go. Try this file. Just remove the txt file extension.

Attachments

• City of SD.996.txt
    34.4 KB · Views: 324

marc-robert

That was too easy!

Dan!

Until I saw where you were, I was of course blown away how fast you compiled the info! Damn your good! I'm down in Tierrasanta so now I know you must have spent some sleepless nights putting that info together.... That was very kind of you to furnish that and I will be forever grateful.... Now I have to reverse engineer it so I can input some of the locoal channels closer to me, or have I not looked deep enough to see you already included all PD & Fire for the area down my way...

Cheers!

W6KRU

Just open my file in Freescan, Copy the system, then paste into your file. everything should be there.I don't think there is anything to add.

marc-robert

Perfect!

Yes... I did exactly that and finally the scanner is operating as designed..... I'll be adding MCAS as I can see the runway from here and like to listen to the touch & go's...... and when mention when the Blue Angels come in, we watch from here too along with the audio......

And thanks to UpMan too for the links.....

Status
Not open for further replies.