Re banding:Uniden Home Patrol

Status
Not open for further replies.

W9NES

Can someone share with us how to re-band the Uniden home patrol.? Our Indiana safe-t system has re banded and the Uniden Home Patrol is not picking up right with the antenna that came with the scanner. The database is updated every Monday per the Uniden Home Patrol web site for my homepatrol,Can anyone post how to do this? Can this be done by Sentel? Any help would be appreceited.Thank You.

scosgt

You can edit the system settings in Favorites editor, but it should do it automatically IF the new parameters are known.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Which specific site are you having problems with? A quick glance at the database shows no changes to any site data since 4/11/13. On a quick visual scan of the sites, I don't see any using pre-rebanding frequencies. HomePatrol-1 database is current as of this morning, and matches the data in RadioReference.

W9NES

UPMan, I had to re-band my Uniden 396XT and the Uniden 396T for Safe-t. All Safe-t tower sites across the State of Indiana have been rebanded. per IPSC.The frequencies for sites for safe-t have changed.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
If all the sites have been updated in RRDB, there is nothing you need to do other than do the weekly update to the database in Sentinel and write to HomePatrol. If you could answer my question, I could look more specifically at your situation.

W9NES

UPMan, Look at the RR database for Safe-t and the tower sites across Indiana and compare them to what you have in the data base for the Uniden Home Patrol. My site for Indianapolis Dist 52 has not been updated and I have did the update every Monday. With the all band antenna that came with the Uniden HP-1 I have the range set at 14.0 miles and still have problems with the front end still not picking up what my other scanners the 396XT and the 396T does on the same safe-t site.What is the maxium range that you can set up the HP-1 for? I get less than 20.0 miles with the rubber duck antenna. Thanks for your help UPMan.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
There are many, many sites on that system. I am not going to be able to manually check all of them with the time I have available. Can you tell me one or more specific sites that do not match the database?

W9NES

UPMan, Look at ISP Dist 52 Indianapolis, Boone County, Hendricks County, etc All sites across the state of Indiana have been re-banded per IPSC. Can all the sites in Indiana that are on safe-t be updated for all of us who use the Uniden Home Patrol. Thank You.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
There is no site called "ISP Dist 52 Indianapolis" (I used "search" on the page). Boone County Simulcast (7829-021) matches, as does Hendricks County Simulcast (7829-029).

Are you looking in Sentinel or in the HP-1 itself? What date is in the bottom left corner of Sentinel's screen?

W9NES

UP Man, Please locate ISP Dist 52 Post. The site is under RR.Com under Safe-t. The current update that I have in the HP-1 is direct from Uniden. The frequencies that are in use for both Boone( 7829-021) and Hendricks (7829-029) is not correct. Frequencies that are in the data base for both Hendricks and Boone are not the ones being used. Could you please check ALL of the Safe-t sites across Indiana that are on safe-t to make sure that that current data is correct. I did find frequencies on a Uniden 396XT for both Hendricks and Boone for( safe-t )that are not listed and should be included for the correct operation of the HP-1 IPSC did a re band across the state and now are doing a second touch on all radios across the state. What is the maxium range that has been tested by your beta testers on the all band antenna that was included with the HP-1? The antenna that was included will not work at 20 Miles per the range setting. I am lucky thatI get 14.0 miles out of it

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Creating a test favorites list for Safe-T, using the current database, the correct database frequencies, as well as the rebanding band plan, are all in place.

If you're scanning the system based on a Favorites list, then you're not using the latest data. You'll need to either re-append the information to your list in Sentinel, or manually reband the sites with the current frequencies and custom table.

Updating the HP-1's master database does not update the Favorites lists. You'd only see, and use, the updated information if you were using the main database, not Favorites.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
W9NES:

Just to verify what both UPMan and hiegtx have already said, I set up a new favorites list for SAFE-T with older data. The most recent update on my system/radio is 4/8/2013 (since I don't update weekly) and all the data was correct for the 3 sites you mentioned. That means if you were using older data than todays or any data from at least the last 3 weeks, you would have the correct data.

There is nothing you need to do to "re-band" the HP-1, all you need to do is use the data in the radio.

The antenna and the distance and all other points you bring up are not related to your problem, whatever that problem is, and when you bring up all this unrelated stuff, you confuse the issue that you are asking about. Stick to the point you were asking about.

I suspect, as hiegtx mentions, you are using an older favorites list that you have not updated.

scosgt

So then he could just delete his favorites and make new favorites using the updated current data base?

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
If the 396 is receiving and the HP isn't, compare the programming (frequencies) of the 396 with the HP. If they're the same, the antenna might be a problem. I've experienced failure of the stock antenna on at least two HPs.

If the programming of your HP matches the 396 and/or the RR database, look at your antenna. The RR database is correct according to the people above.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
If the 396 is receiving and the HP isn't, compare the programming (frequencies) of the 396 with the HP. If they're the same, the antenna might be a problem. I've experienced failure of the stock antenna on at least two HPs.

If the programming of your HP matches the 396 and/or the RR database, look at your antenna. The RR database is correct according to the people above.
He already said that his HP-1 doesn't match the database, that means he has not updated his favorites list.

W9NES

There is something wrong with the HP-1 as I am listening to the same safe-t stie as the 396XT. The 396xt is picking up and the HP-1 is not getting anyting. I am not using any favorites list just what the HP-1 uses after it does a search after I put my zip code of 46268. The question I asked was what is the maxium range like 15.0 miles and futher that has been used with the all band antenna that was made for the Hp-1. What did the beta testers find when they tested with the antenna before it was released to the general scanning public?Was was the results? What miles does everyone elese use for the HP-1. I cannot get over 12.5 miles on mine. Can anyone post on what the range of miles they use on a HP-1. Thank You.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
... Can anyone post on what the range of miles they use on a HP-1. Thank You.
Sure. When I use location based scanning (which I do not at home), I have it set at zero (0) miles because I only want to hear where I am actually located, not something that may be 5, 10, 15, etc. miles away from current location. Remember, the setting in the HP-1 is in addition to the area specified by the TG category or conventional sub-category setting from the Radio Reference database.

With that said, I suspect you are trying to listen to something that is beyond where you physically are or your zip code data is not correct. Try loading your location with your actual LAT/LON (you're a Ham, I'll bet you have that already figured out) instead of your zip code and then play with the distance setting, start at zero and see what loads. Then start adding distance and see what new channels are loaded. You can get a feeling for what is loaded by stopping the HP-1 scan and stepping through the active channels, agencies, & systems manually.

LIScanner101

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
So, the frequencies are correct but you need a better antenna?

That's what I'm thinking here....???

I'm thinking there may be some assumption on the OP's part of "I can't hear XYZ, therefore the frequencies must not be correct". It's sounding more like he cannot hear what he wants to hear because he may need a better antenna.

Status
Not open for further replies.