Br330t Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Anyone with a BR330t notice a popping noise when a signal breaks squelch????

I can have the volume all the way down and hear a slight pop sound when there is traffic on a channel and I just dont remember hearing it before...
It just started like a week ago and now it is losing signal...I listen to the Nassau police and get 4 bars on the signal meter and while they are transmitting it just drops out for a fraction of a second.I also get this with NYPD and NYFD..
I guess its going back to Uniden..

I wiped the mem, reset it to factory and still the same thing.

I also ran another scanner on the same freqs (not just the Nass PD) and notice no reception problem on the other scanner...Switched ants around and no luck..

Also I noticed that if I turn the squelch all the way down it will still scan conv channels with out stopping and making that squelch sound...

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Oh well I am going to call uniden and see whats involved in sending in for warranty repair

trainman111

If you turn the squelch all the way down and there's none of that noise, then you definately have something wrong with the scanner. I would do exactly what you're doing. Send it back to Uniden.

maalox

dave3825 said:
Anyone with a BR330t notice a popping noise when a signal breaks squelch????

I can have the volume all the way down and hear a slight pop sound when there is traffic on a channel and I just dont remember hearing it before...
It just started like a week ago and now it is losing signal...I listen to the Nassau police and get 4 bars on the signal meter and while they are transmitting it just drops out for a fraction of a second.I also get this with NYPD and NYFD..
I guess its going back to Uniden..

I wiped the mem, reset it to factory and still the same thing.

I also ran another scanner on the same freqs (not just the Nass PD) and notice no reception problem on the other scanner...Switched ants around and no luck..

Also I noticed that if I turn the squelch all the way down it will still scan conv channels with out stopping and making that squelch sound...
i would not send it back just for that.

Last edited:

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
trainman111 said:
If you turn the squelch all the way down and there's none of that noise, then you definately have something wrong with the scanner. I would do exactly what you're doing. Send it back to Uniden.

I turned the squelch all the way down and scanned a conv bank, and it scanned ,stopped on voice transmissions and resumed scanning

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Found this interesting

his is what I have entered in my scanner
478.53750 179.9 PL Police Precincts 1 & 7 FM
477.38750 179.9 PL Police Precincts 2 & 8 FM
478.91250 179.9 PL Police Precincts 3 & 6 FM
477.21250 179.9 PL Police Precincts 4 & 5 FM
478.73750 179.9 PL Police Car-to-Car FM
478.71250 179.9 PL Police Detectives 1 FM
478.93750 179.9 PL Police Detectives 2 FM
477.26250 Police Highway/ESU FM
477.18750 179.9 PL Police Air/Marine FM

If I enter these freqs WITHOUT the pl 179.9 the scanner stays locked on traffic without cutting out

I guess I will just send it in after checking the pl tones are correct

Also does the cutting out on nyfd,nypd

I also did the firmware update and problem is still present

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
If you are hearing a regularly spaced "cutting out" (every certain number of seconds), have you verified that Close Call, and (especially) Weather Priority were not activated in error (I assumed you looked, but just in case). Regular 'Priority', of course, causes an interuption.

If I enter these freqs WITHOUT the pl 179.9 the scanner stays locked on traffic without cutting out
That is weird, that it seems to do it with a PL entered, but not when none was present. My 330 does not have any similar kind of issue. Is this happening where ever you use the scanner, or just in a certain location? I can't scan certain, specific, frequencies in my digital darkroon, even with a PL or DCS, because my photo printer, wireless router, and cable modem take turns interfering. But, in my bedroom, several rooms away, I have no problems.

If you do elect to send it in, I'd be sure & include a short note (packaged with the scanner) detailing the difference between PL in/PL out. The repair form does not have that much room for detail, & I'm not sure how much of the repair request info gets to the actual tech (starts here).

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I have close call and wx pri all off

It does not do it on a set cycle it does it randomly..

Bugging the hell out of me so I now must send it in

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I don't blame you. That's a new one, never heard those specifc symptoms, especially the effect of entering/not entering a PL.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Have you programmed those channels as AUTO, FM, or NFM?

If as AUTO or NFM, the dropouts could be due to a mismatch between the transmit modulation and the receive demodulation. You should set them to FM.

W6KRU

Have you programmed those channels as AUTO, FM, or NFM?

If as AUTO or NFM, the dropouts could be due to a mismatch between the transmit modulation and the receive demodulation. You should set them to FM.

Are you needing something to work on Paul? I guess so since you dredged up a nearly 2 yr. old problem.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
It was referenced in another thread. Made sense to reply here rather than muck up the other one.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Paul

All those freqs were set to auto. I have set them all to FM and so far so good.

As far as the other thread and the 330 update, how hard would a mil air service search be to create and implement ?

Status
Not open for further replies.