RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners and Receivers Forums > Uniden Forums > Uniden Software Discussion

Uniden Software Discussion Topics shall be specific to Uniden produced software though third party non-programming software is permitted. Please see the Software category for all third-party programming software.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-06-2013, 11:02 AM
Uniden Representative
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by dispatcher812 View Post
ok thanks. I was hoping the lists would run seaperatly.
A solution would be to retag items in your lists to use some of the custom tags. For example CUSTOM 1 could be for FL PD, CUSTOM 2 could be for FL FD, etc.
Sponsored links

Old 12-06-2013, 11:07 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPMan View Post
We are targeting release for 1/6, but still have some developing to do. The app will have features phased in throughout 2014, but essential functionality will be in the first release (scanning and setting menu items) with other features (remote band scope, discovery, etc) to follow.
Thanks sir... all I want is remote scanning control and audio (for now, will accept anything more as a nice to have)
Old 12-06-2013, 11:10 AM
Uniden Representative
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I should clarify that on 1/6 remote access might not yet be ready. If you have a fixed IP at your location, you would be able to assign an IP address to the scanner and directly access it, but getting the registration server ready for remote peer-to-peer connection might be one of the things phased in, but will be very high on our list. Access within the same local network or when using the scanner as an access point will work (works now with test software).
Old 12-06-2013, 12:15 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPMan View Post
I should clarify that on 1/6 remote access might not yet be ready. If you have a fixed IP at your location, you would be able to assign an IP address to the scanner and directly access it, but getting the registration server ready for remote peer-to-peer connection might be one of the things phased in, but will be very high on our list. Access within the same local network or when using the scanner as an access point will work (works now with test software).
No need for remote from me... just ability to control via direct same network peer-to-peer like or ad-hoc connection would be just fine
Old 12-06-2013, 12:48 PM

can you take the BC 346 into BC 436 handheld with the same program ..... you have in the BC346 with a cable ? thanks
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/donm50_2/
Sponsored links
Old 12-06-2013, 12:50 PM
Uniden Representative
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

If I understand your question correctly, the answer is no, you cannot clone the BC346XT(C) to the BCD436HP nor is there currently any software that supports both models.
Old 12-06-2013, 1:07 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Location: Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very cold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scannerman5555 View Post
can you take the BC 346 into BC 436 handheld with the same program ..... you have in the BC346 with a cable ? thanks
This might work for what you want to do: http://forums.radioreference.com/uni...xcel-file.html Kudos to Ben for providing this to the community!

-AZ
Old 12-06-2013, 7:10 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by redburgundy View Post
I think you would want to delete the System from your Favorites list and then re-append it from the updated database.

Of course, that doesn't help when you've customized the alpha tags, because it will use the alpha tags from the database, not your customized tags. The GRE EZScan is superior in that regard, because it allows you to select the option to retain your existing tags and not overwrite them.
considering the large amount of favorites, and crazy custom blends of agency's I setup as different lists .
I'd hope we can have a better solution that appends/updates the favorites (at the very least their frequencies etc) upon database updating.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:38 AM

Quote:
The BCx36HP sentinel still has a glitch same as HP-1 sentinel. When appending a trunked system or a conventional system from one favorites list to another, Avoid status is ignored on the newly appended copy of the system. I have some non-encrypted TGs on area-wide trunked systems that I program in and lockout so they don't come up during ID search mode. I program the system in one favorites list and then append it to the favorites lists for the other counties that it covers. Sentinel will keep the lockouts in the original favorites list but it will ignore them in each appended copy.
I've found a way to work around this. I program the TGs that I don't ever want to hear as Custom 8 then I go into the Edit Profile, then Service Types and I uncheck Custom 8. That way they won't be scanned even if the avoid status is removed.
Sponsored links
Old 12-09-2013, 9:30 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

How big is this program? Would it be possible to have it on a flash drive to be able to open it use it on different computers?

Uniden BC355 in the truck, a BC350A hosting a feed a BC125AT playing several rolls, and now a BCD536HP.
Old 12-09-2013, 9:37 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
How big is this program? Would it be possible to have it on a flash drive to be able to open it use it on different computers?
The Sentinel download itself is very small, ~50Mb, it can be carried on a flash drive but needs to be installed on the computer you wish to use it on. It won't run as a stand-alone program from the flash drive.

Old 12-09-2013, 9:37 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxdscon View Post
The download itself is very small, ~50Mb, it can be carried on a flash drive but needs to be installed on the computer you wish to use it on. It won't run as a stand-alone program from the flash drive.

Darn, ok thanks.

Uniden BC355 in the truck, a BC350A hosting a feed a BC125AT playing several rolls, and now a BCD536HP.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:27 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Darn, ok thanks.
A quick Google search turned up this page Create a Portable Version of Any Application in Windows - Help Desk Geek which seems to indicate that a free program called Cameyo could do it. You would need to first install it normally on a computer running Cameyo, then you could "capture" that installation in Cameyo and it will make a portable exe of it for you. That should work fine for Sentinel, provided that any machine you try run your portable exe on has the .Net framework installed.

-AZ
Old 12-09-2013, 10:29 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZScanner View Post
A quick Google search turned up this page Create a Portable Version of Any Application in Windows - Help Desk Geek which seems to indicate that a free program called Cameyo could do it. You would need to first install it normally on a computer running Cameyo, then you could "capture" that installation in Cameyo and it will make a portable exe of it for you. That should work fine for Sentinel, provided that any machine you try run your portable exe on has the .Net framework installed.

-AZ
Interesting. Thanks, I will have to try that.

Old 12-09-2013, 10:31 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I would be curious as to whether this works successfully. It wouldn't run fast and I won't be testing it, but it is possible to run Windows 7 directly from a flash drive.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Sponsored links
Old 12-09-2013, 1:13 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxdscon View Post
The Sentinel download itself is very small, ~50Mb, it can be carried on a flash drive but needs to be installed on the computer you wish to use it on. It won't run as a stand-alone program from the flash drive.

Not sure I agree.
A flash drive is simply another disk drive.
Just because a program is not "installed" into the registry of a PC does not mean that the program can't be run from a flash drive. The required *.dll files can be copied to the flash drive as well.
Someone should actually give it a try--install it to a flash drive on one computer and try to run it on a different computer.
Old 12-09-2013, 1:20 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by redburgundy View Post
Not sure I agree.
A flash drive is simply another disk drive.
Just because a program is not "installed" into the registry of a PC does not mean that the program can't be run from a flash drive. The required *.dll files can be copied to the flash drive as well.
Someone should actually give it a try--install it to a flash drive on one computer and try to run it on a different computer.
No need to do an install to a flash drive, just copy the installation directory from the hard drive over. The software runs, but as the frequency database is kept in a different location than the program it has nothing to work with, errors out with a missing database error. Updating it works, but it creates all the needed directories on the hard drive, so carting it around on a thumb drive is kind of pointless.

Last edited by NHdave; 12-09-2013 at 1:23 PM..
Old 12-09-2013, 1:45 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHdave View Post
No need to do an install to a flash drive, just copy the installation directory from the hard drive over. The software runs, but as the frequency database is kept in a different location than the program it has nothing to work with, errors out with a missing database error. Updating it works, but it creates all the needed directories on the hard drive, so carting it around on a thumb drive is kind of pointless.
Yes, this is why you'd want a portable version. The portable exe should include a virtual "disk drive" that the program thinks has your appuserdata directory. This virtual drive should persist anywhere you run the program.

I'll give this a try tonight and see if it works. I'm going to be tinkering tonight anyway - got an early xmas gift from my son: A nice shiny new(to me at least) AMD quadcore machine that should run DSD, SDR# and Unitrunker like an absolute dream. I helped him build his newest gaming rig and got his old one in exchange. So while I'm at it, I'll see if I can make Sentinel run as a portable app.

-AZ
Old 12-09-2013, 1:54 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I must be really dumb. I can not get the converted list of Talk Groups and radio Ids into the senital
program .

First is there a online guide on how to use the senital program ?

Can the talk groups and the radio Ids be in the list or do they need to be separated lists ?
Old 12-09-2013, 1:56 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHdave View Post
You can set the location of the Favorites on the flash drive using Tools|Options, but I don't see a way to specify the location of the Database.
Closed Thread

Tags
bcdx36hp, sentinel