RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners and Receivers Forums > Uniden Forums > Uniden Software Discussion

Uniden Software Discussion Topics shall be specific to Uniden produced software though third party non-programming software is permitted. Please see the Software category for all third-party programming software.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-27-2014, 10:23 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Not to beat a dead horse but I just can't figure out if I'm reading the manual wrong or if what I want to do is legal. I would like to be able to run two favorites lists with the same quick key at the same time. Is this possible? Long story short the way I am setting up my favorites lists, it would be convenient to do it this way without having to create another favorites lists.
Sponsored links
Old 01-27-2014, 10:25 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawk View Post
Not to beat a dead horse but I just can't figure out if I'm reading the manual wrong or if what I want to do is legal. I would like to be able to run two favorites lists with the same quick key at the same time. Is this possible? Long story short the way I am setting up my favorites lists, it would be convenient to do it this way without having to create another favorites lists.
I don't think there are any state or federal laws prohibiting that

I was told you can have multiple FL on the same FQK
Old 01-27-2014, 10:28 AM
Uniden Representative
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

You cannot have the FQK for multiple FL's. Each must have a unique FQK.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:30 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPMan View Post
Well that sucks
Sentinel lets me assign the same FQK to multiple FL's, but I won't have my 536 till tomorrow so didn't know if it would work or not.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:39 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHdave View Post
Well that sucks
Sentinel lets me assign the same FQK to multiple FL's, but I won't have my 536 till tomorrow so didn't know if it would work or not.
You will find what UPMan said on page 34 of the manual however, on page 35 it mentions the use of the "Start up Key (0-9)" in your Profile which can be used to startup the radio scanning more than one Favorite's List.

Does this help any?
Sponsored links
Old 01-27-2014, 10:54 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by N0UDG View Post
You will find what UPMan said on page 34 of the manual however, on page 35 it mentions the use of the "Start up Key (0-9)" in your Profile which can be used to startup the radio scanning more than one Favorite's List.

Does this help any?
Not really. With my Pro-106 I have 2 modes of listening, either a select few local frequencies when I want minimal noise or all programmed frequencies. With the 106 it's easy, if I want quiet I just hit the favorites button, then the scan button if I want all frequencies. I was hopping I could have all but my local frequencies on one FQK so I could go from minimal to all frequencies with minimal button pushing, having to restart the scanner would be kind of a pain, will have to just assign separate FQK's and live with it I guess.

I have a FL for each of 4 counties and one for state, I suppose I could combine all of them into 1 FL, just seems less organized that way.
Old 01-27-2014, 2:30 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Not really. With my Pro-106 I have 2 modes of listening, either a select few local frequencies when I want minimal noise or all programmed frequencies. With the 106 it's easy, if I want quiet I just hit the favorites button, then the scan button if I want all frequencies. I was hopping I could have all but my local frequencies on one FQK so I could go from minimal to all frequencies with minimal button pushing, having to restart the scanner would be kind of a pain, will have to just assign separate FQK's and live with it I guess.

I have a FL for each of 4 counties and one for state, I suppose I could combine all of them into 1 FL, just seems less organized that way.
I stared off with 7 FL but after a year or so I combined them into only 3 FL. However, I only use one FL locally the other 2 FL are for travel since even the state towers only have about a 25 mile range so you will drive out range in a hurry.

Because I own a 396T & XT & a 996T plus an HP-1E I thought I knew both Quick Keys and Service Types but the more I read the manual on the x36HP radios the more changes I am having to make on my big local FL. I am on my 5th reorganization and each one seems better than the last, however, there is no guarantee any of them will work once they are in the radio which should be here this week. If my latest FL does not work the way I want then I will start my 6th reorganization of my FL. It's lucky this is a hobby and I like doing this because if I really needed my scanner to perform I would be in trouble.
Old 01-27-2014, 2:33 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by N0UDG View Post
I stared off with 7 FL but after a year or so I combined them into only 3 FL. However, I only use one FL locally the other 2 FL are for travel since even the state towers only have about a 25 mile range so you will drive out range in a hurry.

Because I own a 396T & XT & a 996T plus an HP-1E I thought I knew both Quick Keys and Service Types but the more I read the manual on the x36HP radios the more changes I am having to make on my big local FL. I am on my 5th reorganization and each one seems better than the last, however, there is no guarantee any of them will work once they are in the radio which should be here this week. If my latest FL does not work the way I want then I will start my 6th reorganization of my FL. It's lucky this is a hobby and I like doing this because if I really needed my scanner to perform I would be in trouble.
Mine should be here tomorrow, I have a feeling I'm going to be in the same boat until I find something that works. Having never owned a computer programmable Uniden it's a big learning curve.
Old 01-27-2014, 2:43 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

Smile oh wow!

Quote:
Mine should be here tomorrow, I have a feeling I'm going to be in the same boat until I find something that works. Having never owned a computer programmable Uniden it's a big learning curve.
You are in for a culture shock!
Its much easier,but you do have to think about what you want.
Sponsored links
Old 01-27-2014, 4:23 PM

Default Uniden BCD536HP app name on droid

can anyone tell me what the name of the app is on a droid to connect to the Uniden BCD536HP
Old 01-27-2014, 5:44 PM

Anymore updates on the release for the Siren app or even the beta version to play with? Just curious if anyone has heard anymore concerning this.
Old 01-27-2014, 5:52 PM
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by banditt2344 View Post
Anymore updates on the release for the Siren app or even the beta version to play with? Just curious if anyone has heard anymore concerning this.
Not a word. I'm sure UPMan will make an offical announcement in the Uniden forums when it's available.
Old 01-27-2014, 7:32 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPMan View Post
Ok. Now the question becomes, is it that the scanner can't scan more than one of the same favorites list quick keys at the same time or that the scanner can't have more than one of the same favorites quick key on it at the same time (whether set to monitor or not)?
Old 01-27-2014, 8:21 PM

blackhawk .. assuming 436 and 536 matches HP general set up.. Example ..you can set up a favorite QK for say all 10 local fire depts in your area .. give it QK 0 .. you are listening to everything. Now you set up a favorite of just one local fire dept from that master favorite you just created.. the "quieter version" of scanning. give it QK 1 .. on your normal scanning QK0 is on .. to go to "quieter scanning (one dept)" disable QK0, enable QK 1 ... two button presses. The key is the set up in Sentinel. Copy &paste make it easy. The combinations are up to you.
Old 01-28-2014, 3:04 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Smile

hello, in the Sentinel software i have updated the database, how do I put the new database in the 536 without wiping out my favorites list on the my 536, thanks for any help on this.

Tony
Sponsored links
Old 01-28-2014, 3:07 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondaro View Post
hello, in the Sentinel software i have updated the database, how do I put the new database in the 536 without wiping out my favorites list on the my 536, thanks for any help on this.

Tony
Updating the database doesn't touch your favorites lists.
Old 01-28-2014, 3:32 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Updating the database doesn't touch your favorites lists.
Thanks, But how do I put the updated database into the scanner ? just connect and write to scanner ?

Tony
Old 01-28-2014, 3:40 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondaro View Post
Thanks, But how do I put the updated database into the scanner ? just connect and write to scanner ?

Tony
Yup... that simple
Old 01-28-2014, 3:46 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post
Yup... that simple
Thank You.
Old 01-28-2014, 3:52 PM

Deleted

Last edited by trunker; 01-28-2014 at 3:56 PM..
Closed Thread

Tags
bcdx36hp, sentinel