RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners and Receivers Forums > Uniden Forums > Uniden Software Discussion

Uniden Software Discussion Topics shall be specific to Uniden produced software though third party non-programming software is permitted. Please see the Software category for all third-party programming software.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-23-2013, 1:26 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

One thing I've noticed (and it may be something I'm doing, but I find it inconvenient).

When you are editing a favorites list and hit the save button, the Sentinel wants to collapse the Favorites Lists. As I go about things, I tend to hit the Save button early and often in case there's a hiccup to happen.

Is there a way to prevent this from occurring while I do a Save?

Then there's another thing I wouldn't mind seeing, though it may take a whole lot of collaboration between Uniden and RR along with a great deal of effort on someone's part. That being a field somewhere in the Sentinel software to show the date that the system's data was last updated.

If nothing else, perhaps a pop-up window or hyperlink in the Sentinel allowing someone to go to the RR database page (which shows the date of the most recent update).

Last edited by ofd8001; 11-23-2013 at 1:37 PM..
Sponsored links
Old 11-23-2013, 1:31 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

One of the main reasons I change the names of most of my Systems, Sites, Departments, Channels is that I do not like to have information repeated on my HP-1 display. I want each displayed line to give me additional new information.

However, I am interested in just how the GRE 800 updates the favorites, perhaps you have to carry out an “append” to your favorites and make sure you make NO changes between database updates?
Old 11-23-2013, 1:56 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2pqq View Post
When doing a database update and down loading to the scanner..........

Will the software update trunk groups in my favorites list ?

Will the software update my favorites list ?

The Gre Psr 800 EZ Digital software does this.
It appears that doing a database update will regenerate the s_0000xx.hpd files but will not touch the f_0000xx.hpd files.
Old 11-23-2013, 2:05 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by N0UDG View Post
One of the main reasons I change the names of most of my Systems, Sites, Departments, Channels is that I do not like to have information repeated on my HP-1 display. I want each displayed line to give me additional new information.

However, I am interested in just how the GRE 800 updates the favorites, perhaps you have to carry out an “append” to your favorites and make sure you make NO changes between database updates?
GRE EZScan gives you the option of overwriting the Alpha tags of existing TGs or not when you update the database.
You can download EZScan and play with it, just like you can download Sentinel.
GRE America, Inc. - Powered By Kayako SupportSuite
Old 11-23-2013, 2:11 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

In using the new Sentinel program I discovered that when “Department” is displayed on the right pain of the window and the “Avoid” tab is clicked on that the box for “Avoid” that is then displayed is too small and clips the “d” of avoid.

UpMan probably knows this since Sentinel is still in “Beta” but I suppose if we find such apparent problems is this the correct place to mention it?
Sponsored links
Old 11-23-2013, 2:15 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
In using the new Sentinel program I discovered that when “Department” is displayed on the right pain of the window and the “Avoid” tab is clicked on that the box for “Avoid” that is then displayed is too small and clips the “d” of avoid.

UpMan probably knows this since Sentinel is still in “Beta” but I suppose if we find such apparent problems is this the correct place to mention it?
Doesn't do that on mine.

You can click and drag the column lines to widen them.

Old 11-23-2013, 2:17 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:

I don't have that issue, you do know that you can resize columns?
Old 11-23-2013, 2:55 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I left out one important thing this is in "Edit" mode and the avoid box has a small blue arrow to the right to click on to choose what you wish to put into the box, so as far as I can tell the box is a fixed size and what you can put into the box is predetermined.

See if this helps you find it or it could be maybe the problem is at my end.
Old 11-23-2013, 3:10 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I found another problem with my directions, when I said to click on the "avoid" tab when the "Department" is displayed in the right panel in "Edit mode" I should have said to click on the "options" tab and then the page will have a number of boxes displayed and the very first is the "avoid" box. It is this box that is too small.

Sorry for the bad information I guess I should have checked instead of going on memory.
Sponsored links
Old 11-23-2013, 3:13 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
I found another problem with my directions, when I said to click on the "avoid" tab when the "Department" is displayed in the right panel in "Edit mode" I should have said to click on the "options" tab and then the page will have a number of boxes displayed and the very first is the "avoid" box. It is this box that is too small.

Sorry for the bad information I guess I should have checked instead of going on memory.
Checked that also... no problem here. Those column widths are adjustable also.
Old 11-23-2013, 3:18 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:

I see the same thing. It looks like they did not take into account the space that the drop down arrow would occupy when the word Avoid was displayed.
Old 11-23-2013, 3:20 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by kd7eir View Post
I see the same thing. It looks like they did not take into account the space that the drop down arrow would occupy when the word Avoid was displayed.
You can't adjust the column widths?

Old 11-23-2013, 4:21 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxdscon View Post
You can't adjust the column widths?

This is not in a column.

Old 11-23-2013, 4:36 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

OK, I see it now.

There was no mention in N0UDG's posts that this was in the
'favorites lists editor".

I was looking in the "profile editor".

Last edited by fxdscon; 11-23-2013 at 4:38 PM..
Old 11-23-2013, 4:45 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by KE4ZNR View Post
The differences between the HP1 and the x36HP scanners required a separate Sentinel software package.
There are many differences between the 2 versions of Sentinel...not the least of which is additional radio system types and the addition of FLQK, SQK, DQK, etc.
As others have said doing a quick export-import from one to another is painless and easy.
Marshall KE4ZNR
Yeah, I guess you're right. The export/import should be fast and easy. Guess I'm turning into a curmudgeon in my old age.
Sponsored links
Old 11-23-2013, 4:53 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

The manual states "the scanner will not scan all systems in one favorites list and then move to the next list". In my opinion that is completely illogical. I apparently still don't grasp the correct concept of the new layout.

Last edited by blackhawk; 11-23-2013 at 5:21 PM.. Reason: added thought
Old 11-23-2013, 5:23 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by kd7eir View Post
This is not in a column.

Finally found that box. Same here, can not find a way to see the whole word "avoid".
Old 11-23-2013, 5:25 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by LZ56 View Post
Yeah, I guess you're right. The export/import should be fast and easy. Guess I'm turning into a curmudgeon in my old age.
No worries, I resemble that remark myself.
Old 11-23-2013, 5:27 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

See it all - maybe your display. I tried re-sizing, minimizing, etc. and could not duplicate.
Old 11-23-2013, 5:41 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by phask View Post
See it all - maybe your display. I tried re-sizing, minimizing, etc. and could not duplicate.

Can you post a pic of yours?
Closed Thread

Tags
bcdx36hp, sentinel