RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog
 

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners and Receivers Forums > Uniden Forums > Uniden Software Discussion

Uniden Software Discussion Topics shall be specific to Uniden produced software though third party non-programming software is permitted. Please see the Software category for all third-party programming software.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #421 (permalink)  
Old 03-20-2014, 5:07 PM
Vonskie's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Allen, TX
Posts: 366
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kd7eir View Post
Working fine on Mavericks 10.9.2 My scanner showed up as /dev/cu.usbmodem14511
Thank you I was going to rush home and test it, now I can go have a beer.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
        
  #422 (permalink)  
Old 03-20-2014, 5:10 PM
Vonskie's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Allen, TX
Posts: 366
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIScanner101 View Post
FreeSCAN works that way. When you connect your scanner to your PC and have FreeSCAN open and want to upload a file, you can query the COM port and when it finds your scanner it tells you what kind you have.
Yes free scan is cool and has been around longer than 30 days so in time who knows.

Take care
Reply With Quote
  #423 (permalink)  
Old 03-20-2014, 6:06 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Little Egg Harbor, NJ
Posts: 138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonskie View Post
New Version .57MAC CU

Cleaned up some code.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_J...it?usp=sharing

Works for me..
Reply With Quote
  #424 (permalink)  
Old 03-20-2014, 6:27 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Little Egg Harbor, NJ
Posts: 138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonskie View Post
Yes free scan is cool and has been around longer than 30 days so in time who knows.

Take care
Not sure how well it will come out on here but I had written something in Applescript that searched for the scanner and reported when it found it.. Not sure if it will give you ideas to build a "search for scanner" function...
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
  #425 (permalink)  
Old 03-20-2014, 7:27 PM
mrkelso's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NNJ
Posts: 1,058
Default

Ok found all my ports on the iMac plugged in and everything worked great for about a hour:': then the dreaded Mass Storage thing popped up and that was all she wrote i gave up. When it was working it is awe sum with the logging and all.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #426 (permalink)  
Old 03-20-2014, 8:41 PM
Vonskie's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Allen, TX
Posts: 366
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkelso View Post
Ok found all my ports on the iMac plugged in and everything worked great for about a hour:': then the dreaded Mass Storage thing popped up and that was all she wrote i gave up. When it was working it is awe sum with the logging and all.
I hope uniden gets this bug fixed 0n the 536
Reply With Quote
  #427 (permalink)  
Old 03-20-2014, 11:42 PM
davenlr's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: North Little Rock, Ar
Posts: 635
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonskie View Post
I hope uniden gets this bug fixed 0n the 536
By the time they get it working, everyone will have serial cards in their computers like the dark ages. Who uses serial anymore anyway? They dont even put them in computers anymore.

It should have had a standard USB port (like the one they are using for the non-functional WiFi adapter), or at least let us hook a USB hub to the scanner to run the computer and the WiFi at the same time. Two USB ports on the scanner, and the back one doesnt work for anything except WiFi and the front one is buggy. Luckily, so far, mine only switches out of serial mode about once a night now, where they re-recalled scanner used to do it after about 10 minutes. Progress I guess.
__________________
Scanners: BCD536HP BCD436HP BCT15
Ham: HTX-212 Yaesu 757 Kenwood B2000

Last edited by davenlr; 03-20-2014 at 11:47 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #428 (permalink)  
Old 03-21-2014, 2:30 AM
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 284
Default

Mine has never switched out of serial mode. Of course, I probably just ruined that! Seriously, this would be maddening to me. I really hope that Uniden gets this resolved ASAP for everyone's sake.

It would be fascinating to know the rationale for Uniden's choice of ports.

Sent from my fertile imagination.
__________________
Uniden BCD436HP
Reply With Quote
  #429 (permalink)  
Old 03-21-2014, 9:42 AM
chuck_e7's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sone Mountain, GA.
Posts: 118
Default

There's still lots of devices that require serial in the networking world especially. That's why serial is still important. Some devices have embedded web pages, but when all else fails, connecting via serial is the only thing that works. I have my 536 plugged in to the rear serial via a USB-to-Serial adapter and haven't had any disconnecting or mass storage problems here.
__________________
Unka Chucky
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #430 (permalink)  
Old 03-21-2014, 10:02 AM
chuck_e7's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sone Mountain, GA.
Posts: 118
Default

Has anyone else use the Screen Scanner software noticed on a 536 if the Priority is enabled, and a transmission comes up on the priority channel, it doesn't show the channel in the screen? I had priority on and normal channels showed up, but when the scanner switched to a priority channel, the software shows "Scanning or idle" ...
__________________
Unka Chucky
Reply With Quote
  #431 (permalink)  
Old 03-21-2014, 2:06 PM
Anvil's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 23
Default

As I posted in another thread, I'm using a StarTech serial to USD adapter cable ((ICUSB232FTN ) with FTDI chipset on the back port and have had NO problems using it with Sentinel, ARCPRO Beta and Scanner Screen with Win 7 Pro, Win 8.1 Pro and on OS X Lion.

Before anybody feels the need to point out that I had to buy a $25 cable for my $600 BCD536, save it. I'm posting this as a suggestion to help others get connected and don't care about your opinions on the radio purchase, Uniden or your freedom of speech.
Reply With Quote
  #432 (permalink)  
Old 03-21-2014, 3:31 PM
chuck_e7's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sone Mountain, GA.
Posts: 118
Default Oops Hookup

I usually change my Serial RS-232 cable between my 996XT and 536HP and turn on the appropriate program. This time I inadvertently left Proscan 7.0 on and turned on my 536. It was able to log data, and do remote scanner, but other commands didn't work. Display was whack, but reported some of the station it landed on. Interesting!
Attached Images
 
__________________
Unka Chucky
Reply With Quote
  #433 (permalink)  
Old 03-21-2014, 4:54 PM
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 284
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvil View Post
As I posted in another thread, I'm using a StarTech serial to USD adapter cable ((ICUSB232FTN ) with FTDI chipset on the back port and have had NO problems using it with Sentinel, ARCPRO Beta and Scanner Screen with Win 7 Pro, Win 8.1 Pro and on OS X Lion.

Before anybody feels the need to point out that I had to buy a $25 cable for my $600 BCD536, save it. I'm posting this as a suggestion to help others get connected and don't care about your opinions on the radio purchase, Uniden or your freedom of speech.
Thanks for the suggestion.
__________________
Uniden BCD436HP
Reply With Quote
  #434 (permalink)  
Old 03-21-2014, 5:20 PM
Vonskie's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Allen, TX
Posts: 366
Default

New Version .50 for PC

Two code tweeks from the mac version moved over to the PC version.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_J...it?usp=sharing
Reply With Quote
  #435 (permalink)  
Old 03-22-2014, 11:40 AM
Vonskie's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Allen, TX
Posts: 366
Default

Okay I am starting to think about using the STS command, It is not like GLG which says field one is this and field two is that. (Always the same on the 396 996 436 536.) STS gives more info but it is basically a screen dump of whats on the scanner. It returns lines, line one, line two, line three and etc on the display for the most part. What I am worried about is the displays are different with the above models what appears on line one and two and etc maybe different on each scanner and I do not have any scanner to test with except the 436. So this is where I need your help, I am going to put together a simple program that will record what is being returned from each scanner and allow you to cut and paste the results in the forum.

Will you help me with this?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #436 (permalink)  
Old 03-22-2014, 11:47 AM
Saint's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Fort Erie Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,773
Default Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonskie View Post
Okay I am starting to think about using the STS command, It is not like GLG which says field one is this and field two is that. (Always the same on the 396 996 436 536.) STS gives more info but it is basically a screen dump of whats on the scanner. It returns lines, line one, line two, line three and etc on the display for the most part. What I am worried about is the displays are different with the above models what appears on line one and two and etc maybe different on each scanner and I do not have any scanner to test with except the 436. So this is where I need your help, I am going to put together a simple program that will record what is being returned from each scanner and allow you to cut and paste the results in the forum.

Will you help me with this?
I have a Uniden 396t Digital scanner can I help you.
Steve
__________________
Uniden BC396T Scanner, ARC396TPRO Software
Reply With Quote
  #437 (permalink)  
Old 03-22-2014, 11:51 AM
Vonskie's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Allen, TX
Posts: 366
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint View Post
I have a Uniden 396t Digital scanner can I help you.
Steve
Yes you can will have the diag program ready in a week or less I hope.
Reply With Quote
  #438 (permalink)  
Old 03-22-2014, 11:55 AM
Saint's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Fort Erie Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,773
Default Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonskie View Post
Yes you can will have the diag program ready in a week or less I hope.
Ok no problem I will make it a priority to do the beta test for you, if you need anything else let me know.
Steve
__________________
Uniden BC396T Scanner, ARC396TPRO Software
Reply With Quote
  #439 (permalink)  
Old 03-22-2014, 12:02 PM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 49
Default

I have a 536, willing to help if you need it!
Reply With Quote
  #440 (permalink)  
Old 03-22-2014, 12:03 PM
Vonskie's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Allen, TX
Posts: 366
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernCTscan View Post
I have a 536, willing to help if you need it!
Yes thank you
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 2:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All information here is Copyright 2012 by RadioReference.com LLC and Lindsay C. Blanton III.Ad Management by RedTyger
Copyright 2011 by RadioReference.com LLC Privacy Policy  |  Terms and Conditions